Dash can?

Evening all.

Recommendations for dash camera please chaps.

Round the £100 mark ideally.

Time to start covering ones backside methinks, far too many muppets on road, lol.

Cheers

Might be worth using the search function on here. There’s been lots of threads and loads of recommendations and some really good advice.

i’ve got one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VLYY04G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it’s wide angle enough to virtually cover the whole windscreen when stuck to it, top center. night time recording isnt great, under street/motorway lighting it’s ok, unlit roads is enough to make out general details like white lines/other vehicles. I’m uploading a short video to youtube now of day and night driving, i’ll post it later.

for some reason youtube compressed the 1080p video to 360, so the actual quality is better than it looks here, but it gives you a good idea

Check out the NextBase 312 GW from Halfords, £99.99. I have one myself and its a cracking piece of kit. You can transfer footage from the camera to your phone or tablet in seconds and even send footage to insurance companies or anyone else that needs to see anything thats filmed.

The company I got a job in had a social policy of not posting anything about the company in the social media. Can I still use the dash cam on it. It’s mainly for insurance purposes. I have a nextbase 402. Good cam

Kasim2k3:
The company I got a job in had a social policy of not posting anything about the company in the social media. Can I still use the dash cam on it. It’s mainly for insurance purposes. I have a nextbase 402. Good cam

As long as you don’t show anything that will identify the company how will they know who you are or who you’re working for.
What do you mean it’s for insurance purposes? If it’s being used as a personal camera, not a company installed one then it’s nothing to do with the underwriters insuring the works vehicle.

Why not use a Heinz dash can ?
Or if your on a budget Lidl do cheaper cans … :laughing: