Dash Cams

Anyone know of any good dash cams, not too expensive?

JellyFox:
Anyone know of any good dash cams, not too expensive?

Smart Witness with a 16gb card used them for about 2 yrs no problems,can be set to record continuously or G shock adjustable, software is on the card very easy to use don’t try the vision techniques 1 its useless.

I’ve been using one of these…

kudauk.ltd.uk/shop/product.php?pid=1269

It was troublesome at first but the shop sent me a second card (class 10 this time) and it has been spot on since.

I have a thing called a CARCAM works well cost about £50.00 on ebay.

If you’ve got a half decent smartphone DailyRoads app is good and free

Link

All the info you need go these web sites
www.dashcamtalk.com
www.techmoan.com this site reveiws dash cams
Never buy the one that have leds for night vision all they do is reflect on the winscreen and blur the recording
I have bought of the site www.foxoffer.com never had a problem lot cheaper than ebay and they sell the real ones not coppies and they check them before sending.

DearBoy:
If you’ve got a half decent smartphone DailyRoads app is good and free

Link

Ditto ^^ but i use Auto boy black box and it cost nothing.

Watch this weeks fifth gear. Vicky tested 4 of them out come was not what i expected.
She tested
Mobile-1oitez £50.00
Crash catcher cc3 rear view mirror £150.00
Road hawk hd £269.00
Daily road voyager android phone £00.00 free
Or you could check this guy out on Youtube he tests load of them youtube.com/user/Techmoan

Just bought the road hawk dc1 £188 of eBay they were cheaper ones but this one seemed to give best value for money I’ve had cheaper one,s but you get what you pay for I suppose ■■?

4aaaa4dd:
Just bought the road hawk dc1 £188 of eBay they were cheaper ones but this one seemed to give best value for money I’ve had cheaper one,s but you get what you pay for I suppose ■■?

Nice one any chance of pitting a video up son we can see the quality?

Windscreen mount for a smartphone costs less than £7. Set your phone for video and off you go. Just touch the screen to begin recording although I did buy a 32GB memory card to back up the handset memory. Its pretty clear even on a wet night with its 12mp camera

You do need to be careful, you get what you pay for. The black vue ones look well but they’re about £200.

Might get one for me car as well, had some tool drive in to me at about 5mph at a merge in turn situation, you can’t even trust people not to drive in to you when it’s a no brainer nowadays.

:

It was troublesome at first but the shop sent me a second card (class 10 this time) and it has been spot on since.

Ordered one of these yesterday, but with the 32GB card - fingers crossed

Herongate:

:

Ordered one of these yesterday, but with the 32GB card - fingers crossed

It’s a balance between cost and does it work. This camera is the first one I have tried under £100 that has not burnt out, or blown fuses and actually produces video!

If all goes well I’ll be getting two more for our cars.

hgvhgv:

4aaaa4dd:

Nice one any chance of pitting a video up son we can see the quality?

I will as soon as I get my hands on it ordered it last weekend of eBay but not been home since ?

pearl.de/kw-1-dashcam.shtml
I get a 3% discount for being an ADAC member
pearl.de/adac/

Just got myself a DR32 model by E-PRANZE off Amazon with a 32gb 10 micro card for £99.99. Good HD quality and quite easy to set up and use once you find out how to change the language to English. Took about 10 days to come from Singapore but well worth the wait. A couple of us have them in the wagons now and reckon its a cracking piece of kit. Guy from Techmoan gives it a good write up.

BigBear.

Witness Cam on iPhone. 69p on App Store.

I use a Blackvue DR380G, it works well and includes gps positioning which shows a rolling map of your position at the same time when playing back footage on a computer via its sd card. Cost me £155