Dash cams

Just wondering how many of you guys believe in using a dash cam?
Was thinking of getting one on the premise that if a ■■■■■■■■ in a car cuts me up and I have an accident then as a newbie withoutout one I am more likely to be held to account regardless of who is really in the wrong.

Is it a worthwhile investment or a waste of dash space ?

Daz :slight_smile:

I agree with them, but I’m buggered if I’m the one paying for it.
Next they’ll want me to pay for the truck insurance! :open_mouth:

Mine came in handy when some nice person claimed i rush up at the side off her causing lots of damage to her 17yr old battered volvo cam proved no chance of me touching her wreck of a car sorry mean her pride and joy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:

Just after my first day out alone in an 18 tonner the other day mate while confidence had grown by the end of my shift,
Couldn’t help on reflection that the amount of kamikaze knob heads out there seem hell bent on trying to crush themselves underneath you.
Even more so at the final bell on a Friday.

Thinking it’s a small price to pay as a limper to ensure I am covered that little bit more.

Dazza1shot:

Evil8Beezle:

Just after my first day out alone in an 18 tonner the other day mate while confidence had grown by the end of my shift,
Couldn’t help on reflection that the amount of kamikaze knob heads out there seem hell bent on trying to crush themselves underneath you.

Thinking it’s a small price to pay as a limper to ensure I am covered that little bit more.

I’ve got one, I paid for it, and as such I’ll use footage as I see fit… If i have an accident, and my footage supports my claims, or discredits the other party, then I’ll shout as loudly as i can about my video to the insurance company. By the same token, if my camera happens to catch me leering at a lovely lady, rather than an up coming hazard, guess what? My camera will be launched immediately and I won’t be mentioning its existence…

£30 to protect your professional reputation is nothing… Even if your insurance company doesn’t use the footage, it can clear up any questioning of your actions your TM might have.

F-reds:

Dazza1shot:

Evil8Beezle:

I’ve got one, I paid for it, and as such I’ll use footage as I see fit… If i have an accident, and my footage supports my claims, or discredits the other party, then I’ll shout as loudly as i can about my video to the insurance company. By the same token, if my camera happens to catch me leering at a lovely lady, rather than an up coming hazard, guess what? My camera will be launched immediately and I won’t be mentioning its existence…

£30 to protect your professional reputation is nothing… Even if your insurance company doesn’t use the footage, it can clear up any questioning of your actions your TM might have.

What one do you have for 30 quid mate ?
Gonna order one today I think and take your advice on when to use it as evidence and when not lol

I can’t remember to be honest. I bought it from my local Shell Garage, just does a loop recording every hour and automatically saves the video if an “event” is detected.

F-reds:
I can’t remember to be honest. I bought it from my local Shell Garage, just does a loop recording every hour and automatically saves the video if an “event” is detected.

See the ones in garages mate are they clear enough, low light etc ?
Was working on thinking but cheap but twice

Dazza1shot:

F-reds:

See the ones in garages mate are they clear enough, low light etc ?
Was working on thinking but cheap but twice

Mines clear enough, as for low light that’s fine, not great in the dark, but I don’t work at night so I’m not really fussed.

I had one in my satnav and it came in handy a couple times just to kinda prove a point to management. I haven’t got one at the moment but looking. Some companies have them and people seem to think that’s a good thing BUT I used to work for my local council and as you know they got cameras everywhere but a friend had her car bumped and wanted footage and the sorts to be told the cameras were there to protect council property not her car in a car park …my point being if you’re in a wagons with a camera fitted check the policies the company has for these, there’ll be one somewhere cos if in a corner after a bump or a but of road rage involving you the company could decide the cameras are there to protect the company and NOT you!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Exactly my point Eddie.

I paid for mine, I use it how I see fit.

Point taken lads I’ll get it for my own benefit and as you say use as I see fit.
Cheers :slight_smile:

F-reds:
Exactly my point Eddie.

I paid for mine, I use it how I see fit.

I think that’s a wise way to do it

argos.co.uk/product/4557690

I’ve got one of these and didn’t expect much considering the price but the pictures clear enough to see reg numbers and to show how an incident unfolded just don’t expect high end production value. Very compact in comparison to some you see stuck to peoples windscreens. Only issue is it doesn’t come with a SD card so factor in another tenner or so for one.

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 … UTF8&psc=1

Thats what I used. Great little thing.

Mine’s called E prance and was about £35 off Amazon. Works OK, not the best but the footage shows enough detail such as registration plates

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Saw one this morning in Doncaster services for £7.99 …wonder what that’ll be like … :-/

EddieMD:
Saw one this morning in Doncaster services for £7.99 …wonder what that’ll be like … :-/

Probably better off drinking a bottle of supermarket own brand vodka in under a minute to get the full picture, ironically probably similar in price too. :slight_smile:

Haha!! [emoji57]