DASH CAM'S

Now I know this has been covered before and will be covered continually in months to come, but I’ve decided to take the plunge and get myself one of these Dash cam things, not for the purpose of posting it all over the net, just for my own protection and after todays events I need to get one sooner rather than later

Travelling through our market town where we live, on the way to collect my daughter from school my lane was clear ahead, notice a parked delivery lorry in the right lane and some wide boy in a golf who was driving down the right lane, whilst parallel with my vehicle decided to try and cut me off and when that didn’t work decided to floor it and tried to swerve in front of me, like I should give way to him… He was clearly in to wrong lane and failed to read the road correctly…
Checky little ■■■■■■ then shouted lots of abusive language " what you trying to do cause and accident ’ :open_mouth: oh happy days the younger generation every other word is f this f that…lol
Maybe I should have just ignored it all but I didn’t and simple reply was very calmly " should have read the road boy " then all of a sudden he said " I have a base ball bat, I didn’t hear that but the other half did … Oh glory days was he man enough to use it… me thinks not…
Anyway following that, his mate in a car up front saw this started to get involved, driving up the road trying to goad me but I hung well back ant them crack on with there boy race type of what they call driving …maybe if I was in a bigger and more powerful car like a 4x4 they would have thought twice about cutting me up and being such dicks…

Back to the dash cams who’s got one and what’s the quality like

Try this website
dashcamtalk.com
You will find all you need to know
And this bloke does reviews on dashcams worth a look
www.techmoan.com

Strangely or coincidentally (chicken/egg?) the dash cam has turned up around the same time as road rage became endemic. Where the hell did road rage come from?? Its always existed in mild mild form. Sticking up a finger, or fingers if you’re feeling exotic, a colourful swear word - but not like today. People go to war on the roads. True violence. Every “man” a warrior in his chariot. Gets out of his vehicle the other end, kisses his kids and plays the part of being a civil human again. What a lie.

Speaking of which. A little light topical music whilst we mull the thought over :smiley:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTCScoUFWk

I got one off ebbayyy for about £48 four years or so ago . It works great in both day & night vision very clear. It uses a camera card that you can put in your computer for storage,
It does have settings for date, time etc , only the instructions are in Chinese :confused: Although it came from UK supplier!! :unamused: & it has a realy long extention lead that plugs into the cigarette lighter , & a holder with a suction for the windscreen.

James the cat:
Strangely or coincidentally (chicken/egg?) the dash cam has turned up around the same time as road rage became endemic.

Pretty sure Kenneth Noye didn’t have a dashcam

Swampy , it sounds like the occupants in the Golf, including the driver were under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or both, to react and behave in the way you have described. They just wanted you to react.

I have a G1W.

Sub £30 and a brilliant piece of kit. It also comes in other names but gets highly rated for the money.

The only thing I don’t like about it, is the power cable comes out of the top, rather than the bottom of the unit.

Ken.

I bought a cheapie off Fleabay. Cost less than £20 including the card. Didn’t want anything expensive as leave it in there all the time. Completely unobtrusive, but surprisingly a very good picture quality. Also bought my partner one too.

With all the ‘cash for crash’ mobs and aggressive yobs out there nowadays, it a very small price to pay to protect your license and your version of events from these endless numpties.

and when that didn’t work decided to floor it and tried to swerve in front of me, like I should give way to him…

and of course you weren’t going to give way were you, even at the risk of an accident.

del949:

and when that didn’t work decided to floor it and tried to swerve in front of me, like I should give way to him…

Seems I’ve heard that song somewhere before :wink:

Quinny:
I have a G1W.

Sub £30 and a brilliant piece of kit. It also comes in other names but gets highly rated for the money.

The only thing I don’t like about it, is the power cable comes out of the top, rather than the bottom of the unit.

Ken.

I’ve just ordered a G1W from evilbay, for the princely sum of £15.99 delivered.
The average price now is around £18.99

Yes you should have ignored it. Easier said than done sometimes but in reality it is better to ease off and let the numpty through. He was in the wrong for sure but is it worth the hassle? When you think what could have happened it is just not worth it. You could have ended up in hospital or worse and for what?
In my opinion the problem with a lot of drivers today is if the other driver does something wrong they want revenge and that makes a lot of situations very dangerous. As professionals we should rise above these petty little things and help these fools that do not know how to drive properly.

I’m getting to old to get into confrontation with the youth of to day, he was just trying to impress his ■■■■-ant mate in the passenger seat… bing ing it up " Ive got a baseball bat " reminds me of a scene out of the film Tombstone when Kurt Russell goes heads up with the card dealer who was full of BS and made the treats but couldn’t do the act…
That’s why I best get a cam and say nothing… just let the film record any evidence…but then having said that back in my younger years I would have gone heads up …

perhaps its just me but it seems that the entire country is fully aware of it “rights” but not many seem to be aware of their “duties”
everyone is keen to say that they had “right of way” etc but few seem to remember that they have a duty to avoid an accident if possible.
of course a dashcam may show that the other driver was at fault but it will sometimes show that a little bit of thought or road sense would ahev avoided an accident altogether.