Dash Cams - What To Go For?

Ive heard most of the 1080p night vision ones all do the same job ao was tempted to go for a nice wee cheap ebay effort.
Anybody purchased a dash cam that they use regularly and could recommend. I change trucks almost daily so would need to be a simple plug n play.

Can’t go far wrong with the next Base stuff that does 1080p. I would not bother with any resolution less. It’s the detail that counts. There are plenty of cheap ones on eBay but you usually get what you pay for.

I’ve bought a next Base 312 which I exchanged due to a problem with the battery for a better 512G. Other than the battery issue with my first one I had no issues with it. I upgraded it for the higher spec one when the battery bulged. I had my 512G for about a year and my friend recently got a new 412GW and she has been really happy with it. I went to buy one for my parents and ended up getting myself the newer 512GW and putting my old 512G in there car for them. I chose next Base as I wanted one that I could take back to a shop should a problem occurred as it did with the first one. I believe the next Base ones are mostly based on or very similar to the DoD cameras on eBay. The other ones I have seen and heard good reviews about are the Blackvue and 086mini. Partly it depends on what you want it to do and that can alter the price a fair bit. Most of the decent high resolution dash cams will set you back at least 80 quid upwards. Then again anything is better than nothing providing it gives enough proof. Even a cheap not so good camera will at least show what happened. But as for detail and night quality etc they vary wildly.

Not sure if your interested 1 x used transcend drive pro 200. I have 1 of them for sale for £57 posted

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

simcor:
Can’t go far wrong with the next Base stuff that does 1080p. I would not bother with any resolution less. It’s the detail that counts. There are plenty of cheap ones on eBay but you usually get what you pay for.

I too have a Nextbase and mine is a 312GW and can’t fault it, night visibility is good as is the 140 degree wide angle screen and you can connect it via wi-fi to your phone .

bald bloke:

simcor:

I too have a Nextbase and mine is a 312GW and can’t fault it, night visibility is good as is the 140 degree wide angle screen and you can connect it via wi-fi to your phone .

I’ve been looking at one of these do they work off 24v or has it got to 12v looking at hardwiring it in

Here’s the details …

I’ve just bought a nextvase 312gw and the only fault I have with it is the auto record is so ■■■■ sensitive. You end up with fifteen ten second videos of Inside the box!
All in all though I’m happy with it. Good quality, good audio and good night vision.
I wasn’t bothered about comparing this one and that one. All I wanted was so.etging to record the road ahead and it does the job perfectly

bald bloke:
Here’s the details …0

Thanks bb