Dash camera?

Does anyone have one and can they recommend or advise against any specific makes/models. I’ve looked on that famous auction site and found a load of crud, Halfrauds have some Mio MiVue’s but the buyers reviews aren’t inspiring.

I was looking at some on ebay for about £20-30, probably alright for the daytime but I need something to work at night.

I got a dash cam from that same famous website for £20 & it has never let me down & was a bargain. .

Look up a fellow on youtube called ‘Techmoan’. He tests a lot of dash cams so you don’t have to.

I got mine on ebay it does look cheap but takes very good pictures.

I would avoid smart witness (sc050 or something like that) it says 24v but at 24.05V it gives you a free smoke display :slight_smile: I’ve got a cheap one off eBay that works fine, not supper detailed but enough to see what’s going on.

Has anyone seen the new “Dash Cam Footage” craze on facebook? Some cracking videos on there, especially one where a 60 year old woman fish tails between two artics but somehow recovers it!

franklin:
Has anyone seen the new “Dash Cam Footage” craze on facebook? Some cracking videos on there, especially one where a 60 year old woman fish tails between two artics but somehow recovers it!

That’s an amazing vid.
The problem is most of them are just day to day normal occurrences of cars cutting in last minute. It’s the type of stuff you need to shrug off and be the professional.
Sadly most of these clips are accompanied by drivers mouthing off an getting so worked up I’m surprised they don’t pop a vein.
I’ve had a camera for 6 months and not filmed anything remotely interesting that I feel the need to share.

m1cks:
I’ve had a camera for 6 months and not filmed anything remotely interesting that I feel the need to share.

I caught a cracker on the M74 this week , a ■■■■■■ in a corsa got upset with the car in front of him cos the guy had the cheek to flash me out to do an overtake so mister corsa decides the hard shoulder is his own private overtaking lane. Good job nothing was broken down or it would have been carnage.
If I knew how to put a roadhawk mp4 file on here I would.

franklin:

Just done a nosey, that is frigin incredible! Wonder how that came to pass :confused: wish he has a side camera!!!

Putting ma csi hat on, i reckon massive speed 100+ thinks they are about to miss junction and snap steers it?

merc0447:

franklin:

Just done a nosey, that is frigin incredible! Wonder how that came to pass :confused: wish he has a side camera!!!

Putting ma csi hat on, i reckon massive speed 100+ thinks they are about to miss junction and snap steers it?

Facebook CSI has already been over it. It looks like she’s about to pull into lane 3, sees a car already there at the last minute and over corrects, unwittingly turning her into pensioner stig.
I bet she’s not even aware of her online fame.

franklin:

My car driving instructor puts some up every day. Nothing major but it’s amazing how many people cut up or act like dicks to learner drivers. It seems the big red L is like a shiney beacon attracting them.

Go on www.dashcamtalk.com
You will find all the info you need a good site to buy from is foxoffer no copys sold all are the real ones

Smart:
Does anyone have one and can they recommend or advise against any specific makes/models. I’ve looked on that famous auction site and found a load of crud, Halfrauds have some Mio MiVue’s but the buyers reviews aren’t inspiring.

I bought a HD720p Sport Camera - on Amazon. I made a windscreen sucker mount for it, it’s reasonably good video quality, crap sound recording and not Mac compatible. Although if you download the video onto a Windoze machine then network it over to a Mac, some kind of mystical magic takes place and it becomes viewable and editable in iMovie. Weird…