Dash Camera

I have just received a forward facing camera purchased from ebay, for less than £20.

Having taking it out this week for work I am very pleased with the results. Please take a look at the following you tube video. it was raining at the time and getting late in the day so the lighting is not brilliant but still not bad for what I have paid.

Hi guys.
They are very useful.
I have them in my cars, in case of evidence by accidents and other thi gs like harassment, people cutting you off, bad behaviour from others and against plot thinking they are town sherrifs.
Also acceptable by insurer.althought not having it in the van, as I have to share them with someone else and the other guys are idiots.
They take what they want, use what’s not there’s and leave there ■■■■ behind.
Shame there some of them txxxx called drivers.
Would be useful in there as well driving all day.

I watched the video above and couldn’t make out any reg no’s in detail. I just wonder if there is enough quality in the video capture to make it admissible as evidence.

Evidence is still evidence (and admissible as such) regardless of the clarity of number plates etc.

But of course, if the vehicle concerned didn’t stop at the scene, or was not otherwise identifiable an investigator would have their work cut out tracking it down.

Roymondo:
Evidence is still evidence (and admissible as such) regardless of the clarity of number plates etc.

Point taken on board.

But of course, if the vehicle concerned didn’t stop at the scene, or was not otherwise identifiable an investigator would have their work cut out tracking it down.

And this is the reason for my post. Surely spending a bit more on the camera would make that job easier.

You can get one which cost a bit more and would show your gps speed on display including GPS position.
My trainer last year had one of those.
Incl voice recording, but I guess this would be a function I would disable. Lol

mark1968:
Having taking it out this week for work I am very pleased with the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fY4V8Eeg_w

I’ve seen better video quality from a 1987 Betamax recorder.

I have bought one these they are £15 and better than nothing you can change the settings to full HD and it is better plus its a bit of arse covering for little money . If you want perfection go buy a Road hawk £200 .
Plus if anything does happen being cut up on roundabouts and a bit of a ding car drivers will try to blame the truck first. But if you say its on camera recorded . Their arse falls out