Dash Cam

Does anyone have one of the above? if so what makes and opinions please?

I got one from mail in for about 100 quid. Full HD with gps and it’s saved my job a few times after a couple of shot loads after being brake tested.

I put a demo sample up on here. Will post a link when I find it.

■■■■■■■ phone …

Maplin not mail in

I’ve looked at these on amazon. They range from £15 to £100’s. Any recommendations?

I got a £32 off ebay with swivel screen etc, bargain…

Loads of info here.
facebook.com/groups/158203874359724/

don’t forget they can drop you in the ■■■■ as well as others!

Unless you are Mr Perfect Driver of course

All of our fleet has had them fitted slap bang in the middle of the windscreen outward facing and inward,also has infra red when driving at night.
Was told they cost about 700quid a pop.
Mine is now at the bottom of the windscreen as I moved it there myself so all the inward one can film is the dashboard. :wink:

truckertang:
I got a £32 off ebay with swivel screen etc, bargain…

The very same camera is £11 with free p&p on Amazon

Go to this site www.techmoan.com he reviews dascams
I have bought of this site www.foxoffer.com
Beware ebay lots of copys on there.

beware the cheap £20.00 or so ones on flea bay , i got one and it lasted all of 2 mins and near set fire to the truck , cigarrette lighted socket was the problem , plugged it in then 2 mins later smoke pouring from it with that nasty electrical burning smell , got my money back on it though , ad said it was hd and all singing and dancing model , it was just a cheap and nasty copy , if you want a good one your gonna need to shell out and get the right kit

gadge:
beware the cheap £20.00 or so ones on flea bay , i got one and it lasted all of 2 mins and near set fire to the truck , cigarrette lighted socket was the problem , plugged it in then 2 mins later smoke pouring from it with that nasty electrical burning smell , got my money back on it though , ad said it was hd and all singing and dancing model , it was just a cheap and nasty copy , if you want a good one your gonna need to shell out and get the right kit

That sounds like a 12v power lead plugged in to a 24v power source

I have a Roadhawk dc1 it has GPS g force sensing and will take upto 32 gb card works really well and it’s probably improved my driving as well.