Dash cam recommendation please

Hi all,

I am looking to replace my dash-cam having had problems with my NextBase 402G recommended as a Best Buy by Which?

I understand that dash-cams with a capacitor rather than lithium battery are more reliable in the longer term. I would appreciate recommend makes / models please.

Thanks

Transcend DrivePro 200. Around about the £100 mark through Amazon with windscreen mount and big SD card. Has no battery so looks like what you’re after. Both day and nighttime playback quality is exceptional and footage can be transferred wirelessly to a smart device.

Oh, it also saved me a potentially expensive court case so I am a little biased! :smiley:

I’ve got a nextbase 412gw, and going by the maosters description of his transcend one, they sound pretty much the same.
Halfords have the nextbase one on sale for £108 just now but you need to buy a memory card separate for it. It records at 1440p at 30 frames per second. So I’d recommend a 32gb card cos it used alot of memory to store videos. Not had any problems with the nextbase so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nextbase 312gw. Great camera, size and quality, around £70 from pc world.

the maoster:
Transcend DrivePro 200. Around about the £100 mark through Amazon with windscreen mount and big SD card. Has no battery so looks like what you’re after. Both day and nighttime playback quality is exceptional and footage can be transferred wirelessly to a smart device.

Oh, it also saved me a potentially expensive court case so I am a little biased! :smiley:

Thanks for this, Sound good, how long have you had your Transcend DrivePro 200 please?

About 18 months now mate. Use it on every journey.

312gw nextbase they have built in wifi and an app to down load any files

I’ve got one of those in me car and the similar model in my van but without the wifi or GPS.

I have a 312gw. Great for the price, no problems to report.

Ive trawled and trawled through the internet and I am yet to find any footage of a dash cam that’s capable of reproducing a number plate of a car passing in the opposite direction at speed. except for this one-
The Lukas Qvia T790. Quite frankly the best video quality of any dash cam out there.
Check out the stills at 1 min 15 sec- youtube.com/watch?v=4Q6Zjty7GNs
Its expensive but it depends on what you want in quality footage.
If you aint bothered about that then the Nextbase 412GW.
The one I use was 200 quid 3 years ago but its not as good as the T790.

Roadhawk. roadhawk.co.uk

the maoster:
About 18 months now mate. Use it on every journey.

looks like the Transcend DriverPro 200 now uses a battery and not a capacitor :confused:dashboardcamerareviews.com/tran … vepro-200/