Dash cam for truck and bike?

Just wondering about the cheap dashcams that seem to be everywhere at the moment, Has anyone seen any that would be easy to swap between motorcycle and truck / car?

Trusty old Google search has let me down :slight_smile:

Have a look on this web site www.techmoan.com he reviews cameras for cars and bikes. Cheap ones are a waste of money

the use of a higher grade memory card is also advised as you’ll find a lot of feed back says poor quality etc but you can be sure they have just wacked a cheap sd card in

Robertthegreat:
Have a look on this web site techmoan.com he reviews cameras for cars and bikes. Cheap ones are a waste of money

Umm, not all the time. In fact one of his most highly rated cameras is a cheap one… I own cameras costing £400+ and I also own one that cost £30. The £30 is every bit as good as the £400 ones.

I have just this moment bought the G1W for £26.96 inc post off Amazon. Then I added a 32gb Transcend micro sd card as recommended by those that have bought the same camera.

The camera seller is a UK one as well, so if there is a problem, I have the back up of Amazon, rather than taking a risk with a Chinese seller.

Should be here by next week.

Ken.

Robertthegreat:
Have a look on this web site techmoan.com he reviews cameras for cars and bikes. Cheap ones are a waste of money

Cheers great help that :slight_smile:

nick2008:
the use of a higher grade memory card is also advised as you’ll find a lot of feed back says poor quality etc but you can be sure they have just wacked a cheap sd card in

Noted :slight_smile:

Quinny:
I have just this moment bought the G1W for £26.96 inc post off Amazon. Then I added a 32gb Transcend micro sd card as recommended by those that have bought the same camera.

The camera seller is a UK one as well, so if there is a problem, I have the back up of Amazon, rather than taking a risk with a Chinese seller.

Ken.

Let us know how you get on with it, a quick look and I don’t think it will be of use for the bike but at that price great for work. You still smashing minis up for fun?

There are mobile apps that are free, it may be worth experimenting…

Quinny:

Ken.

I’ve got the same and it’s pretty good. The memory card fills up pretty quick however. I bought a 128gb one from Aliexpress which has days worth of recording space on it.

danny_mk2:
You still smashing minis up for fun?

Stopped doing that years ago, but just recently (2013.) got back into my first love, road rallying.

Ken.