Dash cam advice

I am about to buy a dash cam and i would like to know, do i need to buy a memory card to go with it?
I know it might be a stupid question but i really dont have a clue about this sort of thing.
also can anyone recomend what make to go for. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Best to have a card in it (remember to format the card, will be in the menu) that way there’s a better chance of the footage being kept, the ones i have have no memory of their own so card is essential.

Everyone will have their own personal choices, i’m happy with two Transcend Drive Pro 200’s (amazon £70odd, 2 year warranty) in our two cars and i’m about to buy another for the lorry, they come with a 16gb micro sd card as standard which should be ok for you, if you want more storage get a 32gb card.

It got top marks in one of the magazine tests despite being the cheapest of the bunch, thats what first brought this particular one to my attention.

Not too large, but large enough display and simple enough for us more mature :sunglasses: users, does not have GPS so won’t record where or your own speed, not a problem either of those for me.

Second that from Juddian, I bought one based on Auto Express test. Only thing is it comes with a permanent mount that uses an adhesive pad as standard. But they do sell a suction mount that cost about 10 quids.

Same as above I got the transcend and can’t fault it , wide angle lens is good , I bought the suction cap and it’s spot on , I download the protected files to my ipad and delete from the memory card so not a need for anymore than 16gb really , do this via the built in wifi

dont

Hi all,
thanks for the help.
I have just bought the Transcend 200 with suction mount and memory card as a package from Amazon,but does it come with a car charger?
Thanks Again.

jjmorris1960:
Hi all,
thanks for the help.
I have just bought the Transcend 200 with suction mount and memory card as a package from Amazon,but does it come with a car charger?
Thanks Again.

Its got no battery of its own, so remember to enter the date and time if its off for more than about 3 days (it has a capacitor that holds enough charge to maintain the clock for a few days only), date/time display will automatically come up if it needs resetting, takes 30 seconds only to do, it comes with a cigarette lighter lead, long one mind so enough to feed it round the outside of the screen, presume its 12v only but haven’t checked that out, hopefully the other lads will have.

For mine i shall get one of the Hella to cigarette lighter adaptors (or make me own up) and take the power from the 12v Hella socket.

hitch:
dont

Why?

Juddian:

jjmorris1960:
Hi all,
thanks for the help.
Thanks Again.

Its got no battery of its own, so remember to enter the date and time if its off for more than about 3 days (it has a capacitor that holds enough charge to maintain the clock for a few days only), date/time display will automatically come up if it needs resetting, takes 30 seconds only to do, it comes with a cigarette lighter lead, long one mind so enough to feed it round the outside of the screen, presume its 12v only but haven’t checked that out, hopefully the other lads will have.

For mine i shall get one of the Hella to cigarette lighter adaptors (or make me own up) and take the power from the 12v Hella socket.

The lead will do 24 v and 12 v

098Joe:

Juddian:

jjmorris1960:
Hi all,
thanks for the help.
Thanks Again.

The lead will do 24 v and 12 v

Thats great, thankyou.

I bought a 32 GB class 10 memory card off eBay for less than a tenner so now all in my dash cam comes in at £20 and impressive quality

Someone is glad they purchased a dash cam

pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B4vUPMPIgAAcKGj.mp4

thecouch:
Someone is glad they purchased a dash cam

pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B4vUPMPIgAAcKGj.mp4

psml :slight_smile:

hgv-trucktables.co.uk/dash-c … d-card.php

Take a look here :slight_smile:

Smoggie89:
Same as above I got the transcend and can’t fault it , wide angle lens is good , I bought the suction cap and it’s spot on , I download the protected files to my ipad and delete from the memory card so not a need for anymore than 16gb really , do this via the built in wifi

Can u please tell me what suction cap fits the lorry window pics if possible please

Ginger89:

Smoggie89:

Can u please tell me what suction cap fits the lorry window pics if possible please

I just typed in transcend suction mount in Amazon , it’s only small with a circle body got transcend wrote on it

out of interest what would you call the discs with a sticky side used to mount your suction mount to the dash instead of the screen ? (hope that makes sense ) :confused:

syramax:
out of interest what would you call the discs with a sticky side used to mount your suction mount to the dash instead of the screen ? (hope that makes sense ) :confused:

Dash mount discs … Plenty on Amazon

cheers :slight_smile:

3m sticky pads really strong and cheap on eBay :wink: