Dartford crossing

Evening all
Just wondering was there always a height restriction at the tunnel as I don’t remember one before the big change
If not does any one know why they put one,in seems a bit short sighted for the sake of 6 inches when the chaos caused could be made slightly easier

The tunnels are the same size now as before

WASNT EVEN that windy and the closed it H/S MADNESS

Well to be avoided at all costs at the moment…As everywhere is gridllocked…

I laughed at that bint saying vehicles over 4.7m should go blackwall or woolwich. Blackwall is 4.0 and woolwich is less than 5 meters too.

Where do these morons get information from?

topmixer11:

I have been sat at tilbury since about 1pm and it us bloody windy here. I for one wouldn’t even consider going over the bridge in the wind strengths I have had today. If closing the bridge reduced the risk to us, then I am all for it. So it takes a bit longer to get to the other side of the Thames. At least you will get there in one piece. I dread to think about a lorry getting blown over on top of the bridge…

SEDriver:
I laughed at that bint saying vehicles over 4.7m should go blackwall or woolwich. Blackwall is 4.0 and woolwich is less than 5 meters too.

Where do these morons get information from?

Duno but blackwall is only 4m northbound and ferry 4.7

The left hand tunnel is 15,9 while the right is 16,6.

madmackem:

topmixer11:

I have been sat at tilbury since about 1pm and it us bloody windy here. I for one wouldn’t even consider going over the bridge in the wind strengths I have had today. If closing the bridge reduced the risk to us, then I am all for it. So it takes a bit longer to get to the other side of the Thames. At least you will get there in one piece. I dread to think about a lorry getting blown over on top of the bridge…

I went over at 7 am and it was windier then than when i came back at 1pm even the trees were still . no way was it 54 mph which is closure speed 48 mph east means lanes 1/2 closed 48mph west means lanes 3 4 closed was stronger than this last year and was open