DART - severn tag windscreen holders

does anyone know where I can get hold of a couple of the windscreen holders for DART and severn tags?

Try the {zb}'s at Dartford crossing.

thats if they have any koop whenever i asked they never did :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well in that case…get some bluetack! Cant stand them [zb] there anyway…should be free to cross at Dartford now!!! :imp: But thats another subject!!

dont hold back koop say what you mean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not sure about the Dart tags but the new Severn tags have got 2 sticky pads. Just peel the paper off and stick to window. Make sure you site the tag on the R/H side of your screen cos they’ve moved the sensors across from the n/s. I found this out one night when i got to the barrier and it wouldn’t go up. Grrr, handbrake on, picked the tag up from the nearside, got out and held tag in front of sensor, (the old one), nothing happens so start to wave it about, followed by shouting at it and in the end i’m slapping the tag against the sensor. Bridge control wanders over, interrupts my cursing and points to the new sensor on the other side. Sheepish look, one wave in front of new sensor barrier lifts. Mutter…Mutter. Stupid bleeping mutter mutter… Jump in and drive off. :blush:

going on the other thread about obstructions in your field of vision how do you stand withbridge tags■■?

DaiDap:
Not sure about the Dart tags but the new Severn tags have got 2 sticky pads. Just peel the paper off and stick to window. Make sure you site the tag on the R/H side of your screen cos they’ve moved the sensors across from the n/s. I found this out one night when i got to the barrier and it wouldn’t go up. Grrr, handbrake on, picked the tag up from the nearside, got out and held tag in front of sensor, (the old one), nothing happens so start to wave it about, followed by shouting at it and in the end i’m slapping the tag against the sensor. Bridge control wanders over, interrupts my cursing and points to the new sensor on the other side. Sheepish look, one wave in front of new sensor barrier lifts. Mutter…Mutter. Stupid bleeping mutter mutter… Jump in and drive off. :blush:

I never understood why they moved the sensor onto the driver’s side; the passenger side seems much more appropriate (except when you forget to put the tag over there before you leave, and you arrive at the barrier, tag in hand, and then have to try to throw it across the cab to get it to land in the right place… :blush: )

As for the holders, you might have some luck talking to the bridge company direct - www.severnbridge.co.uk IIRC.

I’ve got a multi axle and a 2 axle tag for the DART but I always take the multi axle one before crossing empty.

Usually they will flag up £2.90 and the tag will open the barrier before you can argue the toss.

Ta … but it don`t answer the OP :unamused:

peirre:

The new Severn tags come with their own holder. Attached to this holder are 2 sticky pads. You should have a new one cos the old ones ain’t gonna work much longer.

peirre:

The point being is sometimes they are better off loose.

Velcro :stuck_out_tongue:

I end up finding that the TAG has decided to slide down the dash/screen to the passenger side just when I need it at the toll booths.
the other thing is that I`m an agy driver so getting hold of stuff from hauliers is like platting fog. so I figured on trying to get my own holder to stick in my bag