DanJak

Anyone know anything about the company?
Its a local one to me but i cant remember seeing them about.

Cheers
Joe

Kind of, seems like a nice chap who runs it, he’s only young but seems 2 know what hes talking about.
runs trailers out of hull or sum other east coast dock, not containers, tham curtainsiders that come from over the water, got some not bad kit, couple ov stralis’s a m.a.n, n a volvo. 5 trucks in total, and pays a basic and a % of what the truck earns.

hope that helps!!!

jarvo:
Kind of, seems like a nice chap who runs it, he’s only young but seems 2 know what hes talking about.
runs trailers out of hull or sum other east coast dock, not containers, tham curtainsiders that come from over the water, got some not bad kit, couple ov stralis’s a m.a.n, n a volvo. 5 trucks in total, and pays a basic and a % of what the truck earns.

hope that helps!!!

Cheers yeh that does help.
How does the basic pay go, and the % of what the vehicle pays?
Never been paid like that before and not sure how it works.

I was on a similar pay scheme 30yrs ago,if i remember it was basic rate+10% of what the truck earned. But it was a scheme littered with pitfalls EG if you got well paying runs ok if not it could be bad.Also if it is similar make sure its straightforward 10% on truck earnings and not 10% after the weekly fuel bill is deducted.Good luck.
regards dave.

Dans dad used to run two or three trucks and is probably still doing so. He was around in 2003

I saw a silver/grey Stralis of danjaks this week fuelling up in veurne. I deduce from this that they do European work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Is being paid like that any good? Or is it abit of a gamble?
Yeh they go into Europe and seem to go all over.
Its Dan i spoke to and he seems a decent enough guy in the short contact ive had with him. Hopefully ill hear from him on monday
Cheers
Joe

Dan gave me a call today, seems a real nice guy and was quite interested and sounded quite happy with age and even said about me working up to an artic, which would be brilliant.
I think the insurance cost will put him off(he said he would ask his insurance about putting me on and see how much it would be)
The problem on my side is I might go from being guranteed 40 hours a week to doing maybe 5 days but it might be less because the van is a new venture.
Hard to decide, do I do something where I’m guranteed hours but is just a boring shop job, or something I want to do but my hours each week could be less then I want
It would be brilliant to do it and see how it goes and hope work is there for 5 days a week but it seems a risk
I think the cost on insurance for the company will be too much and that be the deciding factor on the companies side rather then mine. Isn’t it crap being so young, can anyone borrow me a few years?

JoeG:
… Isn’t it crap being so young, can anyone borrow me a few years?

Dont wish your life away mate, before you know it you will be jaded and cynical, bitter and twisted, moaning about the state of the haulage industry, poor wages, lack of employment, poor working conditions, unsocial and irregular hours, foriegn drivers taking british drivers` jobs…and working for VDB!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Enjoy the learning curve, it goes quicker than you think :wink:

Think you forgot about having a go at Steady Eddie drivers aswell!!

There’s no such thing as a safe job these days mate, if you want it bad enough you’ll gamble. Very few are given a chance so young in this game and if you don’t take a risk now will you ever? I’ve taken jobs on 40 hour weeks and ended up doing 60 :smiley:
He who dares :wink:
Good luck let us know how you get on.

OllieNotts:
There’s no such thing as a safe job these days mate, if you want it bad enough you’ll gamble. Very few are given a chance so young in this game and if you don’t take a risk now will you ever? I’ve taken jobs on 40 hour weeks and ended up doing 60 :smiley:
He who dares :wink:
Good luck let us know how you get on.

Not been offered it yet, like i said i think when he gets a quote for the insurance he will go for someone older.
If i did get offered it, i would be very tempted to go for it in the hope that work would pick up.
Ill get back in contact with him tomorrow and see if hes found out about insurance, then see if i can go part time where i am now or something.
But like i say, i had trouble with a 1 litre car getting insurance so i doubt any insurance would want to insure me on a van

I would go for it, you cannot beat experience of any kind, and working for a company rather than an ripoff agency has lots of appeal!

Wheel Nut:
I would go for it, you cannot beat experience of any kind, and working for a company rather than an ripoff agency has lots of appeal!

Thats right, but if it all goes wrong i wont enjoy looking for another job, when ive left a job im pretty secure in
Ill get hold of him tomorrow if he doesnt call me back and see what he says
I can just see insurance being too much to have me driving until im 21/25

hi Joe
insurance shouldn’t be an issue,along with the artics i run 3 “60” reg vans, all the van drivers are either 18 or 19 years old and i pay £1487 per year each van (£28.59)a week
so as i say it shouldn’t be an issue. good luck regards Graham