Danish companies?????

Hi all. If the dutch companies are not to great to work for what about the danes? Only company i really know and see is Ove Ostergaard.

Is there anyone who knows who the best dutch company to work for is(in your dreams kidder!)

or would like to hear from any brits who are currently working for dutch outfits.

ta

was chatting a while ago with an ostergaard driver , they employ brits as this driver was one but he said it was hard to get a start on there and he doesnt do much over the water only trailer changes , but he did say it was a top firm to work for .

Ove Ostergaard was recently bought by Andreas Andreson.

Try a pm to Biggles,he’s currently working for a Danish company and can maybe give you a few pointers.

thanks for that guys. Take it the trailer changes are done in Uk? I know they go into the nursery where my old dear works! Plus ive seen them down at Spitalfields. Seen a couple round Heathrow and Southall recently as well.

Thanks KW. Yeah ive seen alot of Andreas Andersson about. Nornally being pulled by Latvian and Polish lorries. Didnt know old Ove had been bought out.

Does Gasa still exist? My dad used to work Geoff Gilbert Int and i used to go with him alot as a kid and i remember seeing them alot at Harwich catching the boat. Werent there 2 brothers who hated each other and set up rival gasa companies?

guy i spoke to said he was trailer changing in belgium .

mad monk:
guy i spoke to said he was trailer changing in belgium .

That’s correct,they normally swap trailers at Lokeren.

A bloke I used to work with drives for Ove Ostergaard and does get up to Denmark quite a bit,it depends how busy they are.

I was told that Verhoek (or Verhoeke?) from Holland is a good company to work for, they run virtually legal as well!! :open_mouth: Theyve got blue Scania toplines RSeries, pulling their own containers delivering carpets. They are allways in the UK.

kindle530:
I was told that Verhoek (or Verhoeke?) from Holland is a good company to work for, they run virtually legal as well!! :open_mouth: Theyve got blue Scania toplines RSeries, pulling their own containers delivering carpets. They are allways in the UK.

although… trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ht=verhoek

tells more… :smiley: :wink:

You havent said the type of work that you are interested in doing and time that you would be willing to be away for. And Verhoek as Carl said are an ok company to work for, put it this way they are far better than most English companies. The link Montana man put, up the last poster in his link is living in the past and shouldn’t really belive everything that is told him
if you need to know anything about looking for a job in Denmark let me know, but just narrow it down a bit in what you are looking for, ie frigo work adr, tilts or whatever

Well id be willing to be away from home for 2 to 3 weeks as im single and have no commitments. I would be looking for frigo work so fruit veg flowers fish anything like that as thats what ive been doing most of the time and have the most experience so far in.

i was listening in on a couple of brits working for ostegardes (is that how its spelt?) and from what i could gather they were as bad as the dutch boys for disregard for the law, but they may just be mavericks, but i think its flower work so i would not be suprised

Steve Perry from Swadlincote, I think, is a name that springs to mind as a long time driver for Danish firms. Anyone here know him? Or maybe he is here already? :confused:

Spardo:
Steve Perry from Swadlincote, I think, is a name that springs to mind as a long time driver for Danish firms. Anyone here know him? Or maybe he is here already? :confused:

Yep was on the Hook/Harwich boat with him few weeks ago
sdj

bit off topic but does biggles (or anyone else) know what happened to GHS Spedition from Denmark - they used to run a stunning fleet in black and gold with a small danish flag next to the name, not seen any for ages and no trace on t’net?

Biggles:

Spardo:

Yep was on the Hook/Harwich boat with him few weeks ago
sdj

Say hello from me if you see him again Biggles. He won’t remember me 'till you tell him the ex transport manager from Toray driving the FH12 wagon and drag when we had a night in the pub together with a Danish driver at DTS in London about 8 years ago. Spoke to him on the phone when I came here to see if there was anything going, Danishwise, but got fixed up here instead.

most danish companys are alright to work for because, the unions look after us,and quite a few companys are looking for drivers to norway ,sweden ,i myself do double manning through europe for swe -dane,

scaniaV8power, i saw a copy of the truckstop newspaper this week, and Daily Fresh are advertising for drivers in there. Must be able to drive left hookers thou.

oh right. where can you get that newspaper from then? do they do it Wh smiths or somewhere like that?

DAILYFRESH LOGISTICS

92 SHED
THE DOCKS
FELIXSTOWE IP113TX

01394 603 717

The people offering the job are at www.truckstopnews.co.uk click on latest issue, then onto page 14-15, then click on the left hand page, the advert by eurodrive is there. Let us know how you get on.