Dangerous driveing,whats the worst youve seen

Ive witnessed a Polish driver reversing down the m6,m1 north split.He took the m6 by mistake,then decided to reverse back down the fast lane in order to continue uo the M1.
Whats the worst youve seen?

Why pick on a Polish driver? How can you be sure he or she was Polish?
When I was in the UK I saw dangerous driving everyday whether it be drivers driving too close
or drivers breaking the speed limit or parking in stupid places.
There are dangerous drivers everywhere in every country that drive all different type of vehicles.
Problem is most of them don’t realise they are dangerous. :unamused:

It just happened to have Polish plates,thats all

Not the worst but I’ve often seen HGV drivers with there leg up on the dash while driving. Also often watching youtube/movies on their phone.

About month ago had delivery to some little village in the countryside.
I came.across 4 horses being walked along the road. Towards me .Was a riding scholl near by so obvious where they were going
Road. Was very wide I slowed down to about 5 mph. Then stopped to let them cross the road into the riding school.
A tractor behind me decide to be cleaver over take. He could obviously see what was happening as he seemed to stop then for mo reason decide to floor it spooking said horses. Unbelievable really road was very wide he saw them there stopped for a short time n decide to just go for it

The worst I’ve seen is a truck with Romanian plates driving with the middle wheel of trailer tri axle - entirely missing, with the remaining metal from presumably a sagging middle axle scuffing against the ground occasionally, and sparking everywhere… With cars, you occasionally see something similar with a hanging-down exhaust pipe, but no missing wheels, at least not in THIS country…

The odd thing is about such sights is that we never seem to see Plod/VOSA pulling a truck over - where it is as obvious as this example as to WHY they got pulled… :confused:

Rider all over the shop on a Kawasaki kh250 who eventually ended up in a heap at the traffic lights on fishponds road , ■■■■■■ up , mates hauled him & his bike up & got him home , cortina driver with Mates , ■■■■■■ up & acting the idiot with mates in snow & ended up in field in vale of bevoir , etc etc , the list just goes on
That’s why I rarely comment on the behaviour of drunk foreign drivers
Thankfully other than smashed up bikes / cars no-one got harmed , I could say I’m appalled by my behaviour when young , but bloody hell they were fun days , never a dull moment , wouldn’t change a thing

Can’t really say as everyday someone shocks me , the last 10 years the standard of driving as plumetted , no courtesy whatsoever and its not just car drivers. Why do some drivers think they have the right to barge onto the motorway from a slip road , i had it recently going uphill loaded with an artic passing me in the middle lane and another passing me on the slip road nearly taking the cab off , dont they realise that the dotted lines mean give way ffs

ramone:
nearly taking the cab off , ffs

Nearly and only the cab. Doesn’t that mean it wouldn’t have taken much speed reduction from you to be comfortable, whereas, the joiner would have to slow down a lot to get behind you?
I know you had the right of way, but surely there’s a bit of give and take between truckers?

stu675:

ramone:

Nearly and only the cab. Doesn’t that mean it wouldn’t have taken much speed reduction from you to be comfortable, whereas, the joiner would have to slow down a lot to get behind you?
I know you had the right of way, but surely there’s a bit of give and take between truckers?

depends on the situation. 99% of sliproads you can see whats on the road you are joining and adjust to the appropriate speed quite easily as most are down hill as usualy the road you are comeing from is above the motorway. alot of the time the motorway is going up hill so for the lorry on the motorway to slow down causes more inconvinience than the one on the sliproad.

the ones that wind me up are the ones that come barraling down the slip road then brake like mad even though you have backed off a couple of clicks to let them out

stu675:

ramone:

Yeah…So how about the apparently quicker vehicle losing a little speed, it might easily regain, rather than the truck that may be struggling lose even more leeway?

The rules are there to stop imaginary “what-if” scenarios acting out in driver`s imaginations.
Traffic joining gives way.

stu675:

ramone:

Trucker■■? How old are you ffs , he came up the inside of me and pulled straight out on a give way entry slip road when is it actually the fault of the one in the wrong jeeeese I think you could be one of the new breed the government introduced as a quick ■■■ for the shortage

stu675:

ramone:

He said he was loaded and pulling uphill, the other guy should never expected a loaded truck to ease off in that situation. A proper trucker wouldn’t of got himself in that position and slipped in behind

Great replies!

Brilliant view of a so called lorry driver this afternoon, a small van in front of me on A14 westbound close to Corby exit travelling at 70mph outside lane ready to pass artic in n/s lane, artic pulls out causing the van to brake sharply,
The next bit is that I don’t know if the van gave him a sign from his wrist, I doubt it as he would have been busy braking , vehicles go along quite happily & artic pulls back into the left, van accelerates rapidly and gets
half way past the artic who has now indicated that he is coming out & tried forcing the van into the central reservation, the van just kept on going I guess thinking wtf. I have seen some stuff over the years which is
normally someone not taking an anti stupid pill as required or just a mishap but this was as close as trying to kill someone in my opinion.

Probably not the worst I’ll ever see but going down to Avonmouth one night last year. Was late on so hardly any traffic but the weather was foul. Came across a scooter 2 up struggling to make 30mph. No gloves or gear on but at least they were wearing helmets, ■■■■ poor lights on it.
I just shuddered to myself, overtook in the far outside lane and hoped they reached where they were going!

dave docwra:
indicated that he is coming out .

Please can you tell me how to do that?
All I know about is the flashy orange lights that mean you wish to come out.

fellow with a earthmover onboard forced me to a halt on the gravel /hardshoulder of a sliproad just after the Orwell bridge . Id been behind him tother side of the bridge and realized as i passed him the earthmover was shedding stones etc from its tyres ,one had bounced cracked my windshield,as i overtook him i tooted my horn.Anyway that was the ticket for him to chase me down i was 3 up in a van . As i sat there on the hard shoulder i wondered what was coming next and decided to gun the van along the gravel to get away,as i passed his cab i saw that he was coming around the front of it and missed hitting him by a hairsbreadth.

stu675:

dave docwra:
indicated that he is coming out .

Please can you tell me how to do that?
All I know about is the flashy orange lights that mean you wish to come out.

indicate verb (SIGNAL)
to show other road users that you intend to turn left or right when you are driving a vehicle

A proper trucker wouldn’t of got himself in that position and slipped in behind

Best ask first though… :slight_smile: