Damn you POA!

Drove upto tesco Livingston yesterday, 4hr 28min and stupidly put it on POA thinking the first 45 would be used as break and the rest as POA while I wait the “90mins driver”, lovely jubbly I thought, 4hr 20min back to yard fuel up n done, (which I almost did but had to have a 45 due to traffic n run in using a 10).
Checked my card today before I go on weekly rest n find that there’s an infringement that I drove 8hr 17mins without a break yesterday, bugger, so it was explained to me that it only applies in Europe not UK!?
So I took a print out as I do for my own records and wrote on back that the first 45m was put on wrong mode. Funnily enough trailer was ready on 46 mins! Hope the Gestapo see it my way if stopped!

When double manning, the first 45 minutes of POA from the 2nd driver will be allowed as break. So that maybe where the confusion has come in.

I’m not aware that it’s any different in Europe.

A new driver is not likely to be prosecuted for what is a pretty obvious mistake. It’s a learning curve - - hold on tight!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah.Your confusing it with double manning there.Europe is no different.

As said the first 45 minutes of POA only counts as break when you’re multi-manning, however 45 minutes of POA will wrongly reset the driving time shown on the tachograph display.

I see, it’s when it reset my driving time that it gave me confidence that it recorded it as break, oh well I know now! Cheers guys

To be honest when you tip at a delivery point like Tesco where you are not physically unloading your vehicle and spending your time enjoying the ■■? the endless SKY sports on the waiting room tv this ( as far as I understand ) can be deemed as an official break and the tacho set accordingly , what use you make of this information in the future I leave entirely to your imagination !!!.