Damaged trailer

Got into work this morning and weekend guy had to avoid a car whilst going under a bridge and has damaged the top os edge of the fridge trailer. . You can just see a crack of daylight from inside. I have inspected everything else and it all seems safe. They have asked me to do a quick local run in it before taking it to the repairers. Am I breaking any of these new wonderful laws. In my opinion its safe

midlifetrucker:
Am I breaking any of these new wonderful laws.

In my opinion its safe.

No - crack on with the quick local job . . .

. . .then skive off to the repairers.

Would have been cheaper to whack the car,thats if the “car” existed!

New panel new corner post about 12 grand and at least 4 days off the road.

Scratching my head to picture how he’s done this to the offside whilst “trying to avoid a car” whilst going under a bridge.

What’s really happened is he’s gone under an arched bridge but over compensated for the near side and battered the offside. All on his own, no other vehicles involved :laughing:

Worse bit was everyone asking ME how I’d done it. Fridge maintenance guy reckoned it was 20k of damage. Not good.

£20k, ouch, how much do fridge trailers cost new?

Bking:
Would have been cheaper to whack the car,thats if the “car” existed!

New panel new corner post about 12 grand and at least 4 days off the road.

Do you quote for much work?

:unamused:

Worse bit was everyone asking ME how I’d done it. Fridge maintenance guy reckoned it was 20k of damage. Not good

If it’s as minor as you’re describing he’s another one exaggerating for effect.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Scratching my head to picture how he’s done this to the offside whilst “trying to avoid a car” whilst going under a bridge.

Hmmmm

Pimpdaddy:
£20k, ouch, how much do fridge trailers cost new?

Be around £50-55 grand for a new gray & adams, depending on spec.

Been quoted in the recent past c. 10k for a lot more panels. :blush: Though it was five months before the trailer came back repaired, they must have had a lot of tea breaks…

Get some fibreglass jam on it be as good as new. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The panels need replacing the roof is shot the trim stuff needs replacing. Its fairly major.

midlifetrucker:
Got into work this morning and weekend guy had to avoid a car whilst going under a bridge and has damaged the top os edge of the fridge trailer. . You can just see a crack of daylight from inside. I have inspected everything else and it all seems safe. They have asked me to do a quick local run in it before taking it to the repairers. Am I breaking any of these new wonderful laws. In my opinion its safe

Credit to the w/end bloke,at least he admitted he’d had a accident,I just can’t believe how many drivers will damage trucks and tris then just make out they know nothing about it,even to the extent of filling in accident sheets through the day :unamused: :unamused: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: ,making it look like they found the damage at the start of the shift and putting that on sheet so previous driver gets the blame :unamused: :unamused: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .
If you have a accident do the decent thing and own up to it :exclamation: :exclamation: