Damage by Agency muppets

There’s no excuse for this really. It’s just down to laziness and not getting out to look, missing the pin and smashing the light lense on the trailer legs. The countless times i’ve sneered and laughed at guys for doing this. Only this time it was me !! Second time ever to have done this and ruined my long unblemished record :blush:
I actually got sent home for it. I’d no sooner gone to report it and the guy asked me to wait outside the traffic office and my fone went , the agency to ask if i’d had a problem. “they said the trucks knackered and is off the road”, the guy comes out to me and says " the trucks knackered, arse end all smashed in and trailer legs bent, you might as well go home" !!! Probably gonna give the agency a big bill, although the only damage i could see was a broken light lense. Still, he probably doesn’t know that i took a load of pics just incase (he might now!). Looks like O’Connors was short lived for me, shame as it was a good job. General haulage tommorrow for me in the morning, ‘knock at the farm door for the keys to the truck’…great stuff !!!

do you still get 8 hours pay even though they sent you home :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

At least it was a scania and not a decent truck… :laughing:

Its a horrible feeling though a) feeling stupid for doing it and b) the phone call off the agency…funny it was exactly what they said to me one time when they rang me to take me off a contract (long story)…“Hi have you had a problem today” Grrrrrrrr you know ■■■■ well ive had a problem thats why your on the phone to me now… :imp:

doesnt seem to make any difference at our place theyd still use you again ,in actual fact im 99.9% sure theyd have sent you out fo the day and in that truck :unamused: :unamused:

how dya miss the otherside :open_mouth:

jon

Mike-C:

the guy comes out to me and says " the trucks knackered, arse end all smashed in and trailer legs bent, you might as well go home" !!! Probably gonna give the agency a big bill, although the only damage i could see was a broken light lense. Still, he probably doesn’t know that i took a load of pics just incase

After looking at the picture some more and reading what the owner said to the agency its got me a bit miffed…
How can you hit the Trailer legs without damaging the back of the unit…At the very least i’d expect the air kit to be toast…i notice your pic doesnt show these things …more to this story than meets the eye maybe?

But still …dont worry about it like i said before its only a Scarrrrnia (Richard Hammond) And i’ll bet Neil (coffeeholic) thinks more of you now too… :laughing:

lens - plastic - a little bit broken
trailer legs - steel - bent by lens

is it just me or does something not sound quite right here? :confused:

ALWAYS phone the agency first. get your story in before the client makes their threats to them :wink:

Never done that before(yet!!!) , altho, i think if going to bend the trailer legs it would have done a lot more damage than just smash a light lens! , if you look the support bar isnt even bent ■■?

Only problem i ever had was when i took a SEALED trailer to a tesco store the loader either never secured cages or never tightened them up enough about 20 cages all over trailer , store manager took picts and asked wot happened , told him the truth , was sealed when i picked up and when i got to his store ,
got back RDC , and nothing more was sayed TILL monday morning when ayg recived bill! :imp: , spoke to ayg , and came in to office and wrote it all down , they sayed they wouldnt pay bill , due to it not being my fault , never heard anything more and done a lot more shifts for them so , must have been ok!

I also filled in my 1st damage sheet yesterday, smashed the rear light lens on the back of a 1 week old scania class2. Did it with tail lift, the type that go undernieth the body and slide out then you raise it. I now know that unless you slide it out to furthest point before you raise it it catches the light lens’s. Office didnt seem to fussed when i got back but lets see if they have put a black mark against me with agency?

Can’t believe the client making such a fuss of the whole thing - I managed to mash a lens in Tesco back in autumn, a stack of dollies had blown under the trailer and were wedged against the leg - which, being a lazy git I didn’t see from the cab before I tried to pick it up.

Transport could not have cared less. Defected, sorted and out with no problems at all…

G

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Smart move taking photos photos Mike. I think they speak well in your defence.

1 daft mistake = 1 new light cluster - end of story

I always take pics of any damage on motors and have the motor signed out with the appropriate details. Sounds like a case of the lesser paid making a fuss over nothing.

Having said that I am on the boxes meself tomorrow and will be a little more attentive…maybe :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I was trying to adjust the nearside mirror last night and put my thumb though the glass. Thats when i realised it wasnt an adjustable mirror. Spent rest of journey seeing double though the big crack i made :blush:

I went back to work on tuesday after a week or so off to find my unit had been driven into a bollard by an angency driver, who not only didn’t report it, but also left my cab full of empty ■■■ packets, crisp packets crisps crumbs, coffe cups and any other ■■■■■ he could find. over a grands work of damage,

will attach pics later

Got a phone call this afternoon. Oconnors in the morning, sure i said, no problem. Come home, opened my wage packet, £40 deduction :confused:
I assume its for the damage, i’ll find out tomorrow.

boody hell…it only looks like the light cluster was damaged & nowt else, wait & see what kind of reception you get at the office tomorrow, hopefully it will all be ok mate

Mike-C:
, £40 deduction :confused: I assume its for the damage

Personaly Mike unless it’s in your contract I’d tell 'em to go forth and multiply :smiling_imp:
It was an accident in unfamiliar equipment which could have been quickly remedied. You should get your 8 hrs minimum as it was there decision to send you home.

Mike-C:
…opened my wage packet, £40 deduction :confused:
I assume its for the damage, i’ll find out tomorrow.

Unauthorised Deductions? Is that legal? :unamused: :unamused:

Does it say anywhere you have to pay for damage small claims court for the return of the £40

I’m just about to try something else, so by this time next week i might not have to see another rear light lense cluster and they can shove the £40 where the sun don’t shine !! On the other hand, never say never.

Saratoga:
Unauthorised Deductions? Is that legal? :unamused: :unamused:

are there any other sort? :smiley: :smiley: