Dallas vintage planes air crash

anyone see the live footage? i can’t do links…but horrific crash between a B17 Flying Fortress and a Kingcobra fighter plane,with 6 dead :frowning:
i’m no air crash investigator…but to me in looks like the smaller plane flew straight at the B17 :open_mouth: …hope i’m wrong

It looks like he was either possibly simulating a turning attack or joining in formation and misjudged the turn which went wider than intended.
Ironically the Cobra and B17 together wasn’t a good representation it should have been a Mustang or Thunderbolt.
Also not much point in simulating combat situations for a show without using the right opposing kit like a genuine DB engine 109.
So not just tragic for those involved but a pointless stunt for a show anyway.They shouldn’t have been sharing such a stage in those positions.If the were joining in formation they should have been much further apart at the start.

Seems that way. There is a video on twitter (I think) with a young girl emotionally asking if that was meant to happen…

Tragic loss of life and all that, but apart from that a bit of a shame from the point of view that there can not be many B17s left flying today.

Was the history of that particular plane’s record disclosed?
(Just interested in that sort of thing.)

robroy:
Tragic loss of life and all that, but apart from that a bit of a shame from the point of view that there can not be many B17s left flying today.

No idea, although you can wade through this when you have time

I got sent the footage yesterday, shocking and tragic

robroy:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Raiders

Dav1d:
Seems that way. There is a video on twitter (I think) with a young girl emotionally asking if that was meant to happen…

I wouldn’t call her emotional, retarded maybe, or alternatively just American.

twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status … ZBiSQ&s=19