dalkeith transport

Hi all.

Just after any up to date info on dalkeith transport. Working conditions, management, what the job is like etc.

Been offered a start but unsure whether or not to leave my cosy little number to try something new.

Before any of the usual keyboard warriors come along, I have used the search button, which is why I said “up to date” info!!!

Thanks guys

Still the same office jockies working there so the info about them in search function is relevant.
Great TM there that will have you wanting to knock his head off his shoulders talking down to you and being leary as ■■■■ over phone when you phone him for example to say all roads into a drop in alloa are under 2-3 foot of water, deeper in parts. Going to have to cancel drop for today…
Maybe u cud take up their offer and post some upto date info about them to cheer us up during the week?

Edit: if you don’t believe me, I live in newtongrange right beside Dalkieth transport, why else would I give myself a 22mile commute everyday to work if there was such an excellent haulage firm on my doorstep. :laughing:

Yeh they are pretty grim mate, allways advertising which is not a good sign, wages where £7.50 hour last I heard. Never heard a gd word said

I did 2 days with them,that was 2 days too many,no one on here has a kind word to say about them.

I have a kind word, there up in Bonnie Scotland for you Bonnie Jocks to share :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I always found the owner to be a decent guy to work for, Not many owners of large transport companies still get involved with the day to day running, Where as Dalkeith’s owner does

Well I was offered a position paying the princely sum of £7.50 per hour, based on a 55 hour week, all hours over and above this, you donate to the company for free!!

7am till 6pm. When asked if they would honour any holidays booked, this was refused. I met the TM, he seemed an ok guy, but got the impression he could be a little hot-headed!!

I’ve asked several people what they are like to work for, including a relative who was an ex employee and everyone says the same. It’s a foot on the ladder.

So needless to say, I turned them down!!

Glad I was right about 7.50 an hour haha.

Bairdy:
Well I was offered a position paying the princely sum of £7.50 per hour, based on a 55 hour week, all hours over and above this, you donate to the company for free!!

7am till 6pm. When asked if they would honour any holidays booked, this was refused. I met the TM, he seemed an ok guy, but got the impression he could be a little hot-headed!!

I’ve asked several people what they are like to work for, including a relative who was an ex employee and everyone says the same. It’s a foot on the ladder.

So needless to say, I turned them down!!

No overtime rate? Wtf?
I didn’t know that either, “foot on the ladder” was exactly how I saw it last year when I’d just passed my C, was agency though so was on slightly better money and overtime etc…

I was at there place in ■■■■■■■■■■■ with a container this week and they seem a helpful bunch of guys, even swept it out for me for my next drop haha
Although some supervisor tried giving me it for being 5 minutes late when I’d only picked the box up from docks 30 minutes prior… I was quick to explain how it wasn’t “me” that was running late though and more the company I work for… Don’t think he could understand.