Daily walkaround check on Iphone/smartphone

Hi,

I’m looking for an app to use on an iPhone to help perform and record the daily walkaround check. Been looking at a few apps that appear to be free but then require a monthly subscription, I’d rather pay for the app with a one-off payment and have no monthly overhead. I own 3 lorries and would like an app for each driver that would email me with each daily check once it’s completed. What do the rest of you guys use?

Books/pens and paper - I struggle to see how these are an improvement, seems like technology for the sake of it.

The improvement is that it’s all paperless, meaning reports can’t be lost or damaged. I have access to all the lorries inspection sheets, all of the time from my phone without having to gather up reams of paper. Also when logged into the app, I will have all the lorry/driver details already there so you don’t have to write the same things down every day in life.

gwmckay:
The improvement is that it’s all paperless, meaning reports can’t be lost or damaged. I have access to all the lorries inspection sheets, all of the time from my phone without having to gather up reams of paper. Also when logged into the app, I will have all the lorry/driver details already there so you don’t have to write the same things down every day in life.

I always think wads of paper with different handwriting and clearly well thumbed give the right impression if you do get a site visit. I think defect books, in itself, is fairly pointless. If the driver’s at base and they spot a defect I would expect them to get the workshop to look at it. If they’re away from base and there was an issue I would expect them to phone in.

there is one for the android system you fill out the check sheet and e-mail it off but to be honest as its been said a book with proper writing would look much better no-one can argue the toss “oh my phone went flat so couldn’t do it or no network couldn’t send it”
If you don’t want to keep the paper work just scan them into a file on the computer for that truck for that week …

nick2008:
there is one for the android system you fill out the check sheet and e-mail it off but to be honest as its been said a book with proper writing would look much better no-one can argue the toss “oh my phone went flat so couldn’t do it or no network couldn’t send it”
If you don’t want to keep the paper work just scan them into a file on the computer for that truck for that week …

There are scanners on the market for processing bulk amounts of paperwork in no time at all. They’re not cheap in comparison to standard home scanners but if you want a paperless record keeping system that would be a good way to go about it as it satisfies the ‘paperless’ side and also VOSA when they want to see written check sheets.

Jesus,why have simple tasks become so complicated-oil,water,tyres,wheel studs,lights,nowt hanging off,fill out defect book accordingly and away you go.Some people seem to compare it to pre-flight checking a 747 before a flight to Australia! :unamused: