Daily walk around + Defect

If I use the same vehicle daily do I have to defect the same problems daily or do I just do it once then defect new ones as they come up?

Frost89:
If I use the same vehicle daily do I have to defect the same problems daily or do I just do it once then defect new ones as they come up?

Well if the defects are genuine they should be fixed, if it’s not a safety issue the defects should be fixed when possible, if it’s a serious safety issue or something that makes the vehicle illegal the defects should be fixed before you take the vehicle out.

What sort of defects are we talking about ?

edit: I should have added that if the defects are not serious or anything that makes it illegal for the vehicle to be taken onto the road, writing a defect note once should be enough as long as you’re satisfied that the issue will be dealt with at an appropriate time.

My defects are, medium chip on the pass side of the windscreen, one of the amber strobes on the roof don’t work, and there are a few dents in the front but I mark them as any unrecorded damage I get charged upto £500 for

Sorry you get charged !!

Depends on your company if its dh_ell then defect them every day as they love the paperwork and it would be a shame to let them down

I used to work for a company delivering washing machines and they charged for any damage, one of the lads had a stone chip in the windscreen and they wanted £200 for it to be repaired.
I gave it up after a week as i didn’t want the liability.

jobseeker:
I used to work for a company delivering washing machines and they charged for any damage, one of the lads had a stone chip in the windscreen and they wanted £200 for it to be repaired.
I gave it up after a week as i didn’t want the liability.

Most companies have their windscreens insured as a matter of course, and then it is something like £75 quid excess. Did your boss take many foreign holidays? :slight_smile:

They can only charge if you agreed to it when you signed your contract of employment, that is why it is always worth reading it…