DAILY REST

CAN YOUR DRIVER BREAKS BE CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR DAILY REST OF 9 OR 11… THANKS ALL

Nope not at all your daily rest is counted from the end of one period of driving or work to the start of another…ie if you take your tacho out at 6pm you cant put it back in till 5am on an 11 hour or 3 am on a nine hour rest…

Adam

RIC:
CAN YOUR DRIVER BREAKS BE CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR DAILY REST OF 9 OR 11… THANKS ALL

No breaks are breaks notdaily rest

OK THANKS FOR THAT NOW IV’E GOT THAT SORTED!!!

a 45 minute break can’t but longer breaks can become part of a split daily rest.

Denis F:
a 45 minute break can’t but longer breaks can become part of a split daily rest.

Yes a three hour break can be classed as a split rest but you must still take nine hours daily rest giving you a total of 12 hours rest. Before the tacho law changed you could split your daily rest into three sections with the longest break only needing to be 8 hours

scotslad:

Denis F:

Yes a three hour break can be classed as a split rest but you must still take nine hours daily rest giving you a total of 12 hours rest. Before the tacho law changed you could split your daily rest into three sections with the longest break only needing to be 8 hours

and if i’m right, you can legally do the 3 hour, split daily rest thing, 3 times a week, and you no longer have too compensate, the following week.
i’m also sure, that, say you did this, monday, tuesday, and wednesday, if on thursday, you again, had a 3 hour break in the day, you could then, legally do another 9 hour rest at the end of your shift, same applies too the friday aswell.

think i’m right.

You can reduce your rest to 9 hours 3 times a week and not have to pay back compensation, but split rest is different.

If you have a 3 hour+ break, you can take a 9 hour rest (total 12 hours break/rest)

You can do this every day of the week and it will not affect your 3 x 9’s

I’m sure coffee will be along in a minute to shoot me down in flames :smiley:

Semtex:
I’m sure coffee will be along in a minute to shoot me down in flames :smiley:

I doubt it, as you’re right…

yes you can split rest everyday of the week as you are having 12 hours rest per day. The rule was changed because the old split rest you could actually do a 16 hour day everyday because your longest part of the split rest only needed to be 8 hours

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME

dogthehunter:
…if you take your tacho out at 6pm you cant put it back in till 5am on an 11 hour…

Just to point out that might not be counted as an 11-hour, or regular daily rest period. If you started work before 05:00 on the day you finished at 18:00 then it will be a reduced daily rest, and one of your 3 allowed reductions, regardless of the amount time you are actually at rest.