Daily rest question

Hi all,

Been trying to work this out but would like some advice.

I have a job working nights on tippers when the work is available but I also have another one from the agency which is house removals but driving the lorry as well as moving the house with another guy who can’t drive.

I seem so be getting asked for work by both at the same time so wondering what I can do legally.

Say I do 4.5 hours driving work on the tipper starting tonight at 8.30pm and finish at 1am, do I have to wait 9 hours before I can start the driving with the removals firm?

I will probably be driving for max 1 hour with the removal firm but finish at 5pm. Am I allowed to go on the tipper at the same time tomorrow night for 4.5 hours or not?

Whats happening is I am getting a call for night work then work the following day at removal firm - wondering how I can work it, I drive 4.5 hours usually on the tipper and sometimes 30 mins for the removal firm but am obviously moving houses until the day is over.

To sum up I’m wanted for night work for the next 3 days and removal work tomorrow and friday - which will I have to turn down or can I do both as long as I have 9 hours between finishing tipper job and starting the removal job?

Confused myself writing this to be honest!

Say I do 4.5 hours driving work on the tipper starting tonight at 8.30pm and finish at 1am, do I have to wait 9 hours before I can start the driving with the removals firm?

I will probably be driving for max 1 hour with the removal firm but finish at 5pm. Am I allowed to go on the tipper at the same time tomorrow night for 4.5 hours or not?

Starting at 830pm means at least a 9 hours daily rest must be completed by 1130am

You only have 3 reduced daily rests available between weekly rests

You could do this every day (between weekly rests) under EU tacho regs …
Tipper 2030 to 0100
Rest 0100 to 1000 (9 hours)
Removals 1000 to 1700
rest 1700 to 2030 (3+ hours)
As there is a 3 + 9 rest within every 24 hours then that is deemed as a regular daily rest

Remember that all the work done for tipping and removals counts for the RTD/WTD and must all be officially recorded for the EU tacho regs

Excellent so the first 3 hours rest would be 17.00 - 20.30 and the 9 hours rest would be 01.00 - 10.00.

Does the split daily rest count as a reduced daily rest or would I still have 3 reduced daily rests available?

Thank you for the reply, very helpful.

mattyv33:
Excellent so the first 3 hours rest would be 17.00 - 20.30 and the 9 hours rest would be 01.00 - 10.00.

Does the split daily rest count as a reduced daily rest or would I still have 3 reduced daily rests available?

Split of 3 + 9 = regular (same as doing 11)

mattyv33:

Simply put YES

Thanks all !