daily rest question

Can someone confirm or ■■■ ■■■ this for me, my TM tells me its ok but it doesnt sound right to me.

If i work till 7.15pm sunday and i have a 4am double manned job on the following day i wont get my min 9hrs daily rest in so i assumed i couldnt do the shift.
But apparently if i take the driver2 position at the start of the 4am shift i will be ok as im not working yet.
Sounds wrong to me but hey im still shiney new :wink:

Your TM is talking crap. The simple fact is you cannot take a rest period in a moving vehicle. Apart from anything else you would have to interrupt the rest period with a period of Other Work to start work before taking your place in seat 2, which is also not permitted.

Thanks for confirming that coffee, i was almost too emarrassed to ask but he`s been doing the job longer than me so thought id just check.

These days for double manned operation the 2nd driver does not have to be present for the first hour of the shift so one solution would be to get the other driver to pick you up somewhere, within one hour of him starting work, after you have completed the 9 hour daily rest.