Daily rest question.

Sorry if this has been asked before (thought I knew this one). I put my tachograph on rest at 10am, but ejected my card at 11.05am, so does my daily rest start at 10am or 11.05am?

Thanks

Asking as the mode wasn’t changed between putting it on rest, and ejecting card, your rest will start from when you put it on rest (10am).

No, the mode wasn’t changed between rest and ejecting the card.

But it will show the time of ejection

I have a few question, hope someone would be able to clarify them for me:

1. Providing I have used all my day reductions this week (3 daily reductions) and the previous day I started work at 7am and finished at 7pm , took 11 hours rest and started the next day at 6 am would this qualify as a daily rest reduction?
  2. The previous day I started at 7am, and finished at 9pm, took 11 hours off and started the next day at 8am, would it count as a daily rest reduction?
  3. If I was to change address, would I need to change my driving licence, Tacho card and DCPC card, and if so how soon?
    I would need to send them to DVLA to get replacement with a new address, what could I use instead of my Tacho card while my tacho card was being sent to DVLA, should I drive without a tacho card and do manual entry on a piece of tacho paper?
    And if so, when, at the end of every day, even an off day?

Thanks

internetfan:

1. Providing I have used all my day reductions this week (3 daily reductions) and the previous day I started work at 7am and finished at 7pm , took 11 hours rest and started the next day at 6 am would this qualify as a daily rest reduction?
  2. The previous day I started at 7am, and finished at 9pm, took 11 hours off and started the next day at 8am, would it count as a daily rest reduction?
  3. If I was to change address, would I need to change my driving licence, Tacho card and DCPC card, and if so how soon?
    I would need to send them to DVLA to get replacement with a new address, what could I use instead of my Tacho card while my tacho card was being sent to DVLA, should I drive without a tacho card and do manual entry on a piece of tacho paper?

Thanks

Change your adres online. You will keep your dcpc and digital card, as they no longer show your adres. New drivers licence card will be send in post. No need to send old one back.

internetfan:

If you start at 07:00 and finish at 19:00 then have 11 hours rest it’s a regular daily rest period not a reduced daily rest period.

internetfan:

If you start work at 07:00 and finish at 21:00 you cannot get an 11 hour rest period into the 24 hour period from the start of the shift so it’s a reduced daily rest period, only the rest that falls into the period of 24 hours from the start of the shift counts towards thee daily rest period.

k21pilot:
Sorry if this has been asked before (thought I knew this one). I put my tachograph on rest at 10am, but ejected my card at 11.05am, so does my daily rest start at 10am or 11.05am?

When your daily rest period began will depend on what time you finished work, as you haven’t said why you ejected the card over an hour after putting the tachograph on rest we can’t know when you finished work so can’t really answer the question.

However if your company use analysis software it will probably show your daily rest as starting from when your card was ejected, but I could be wrong about that.

The activity of ejecting the card would mean it is part of your duties so, even though it seems silly, that few seconds would be other work as I see it legally

whether the authorities would see it that way for a few seconds is another matter …

Purely forgot to eject the card, our company prefers the card to be elected. I’ll be on the safe side and take daily rest from the card ejected time.

ROG:
The activity of ejecting the card would mean it is part of your duties so, even though it seems silly, that few seconds would be other work as I see it legally

I think that debatable to be honest, for instance, if you’re on a night out and expecting to remain in the cab so decide to leave the card in then eject it when you change you mind and go out for a meal or whatever, you’re not fulfilling any obligation to an employer so I don’t see why it would classed as other work.

internetfan:

Thanks

Simple way to calculate this. Forget your rest period (for the purposes of this advice). Say you start at 7am today (forget its Friday). At 7am tomorrow morning, count how many hours you have been ON DUTY and if it goes above 13 hours then it is a reduced rest ie 13.5 hour duty time with 11 off is still a reduced rest

Thank you champs for your replies.