Daily Rest 9 hours

HI

Quick question. Can I take a daily rest away from the truck and away from base. E.g

Drive to London 0500 to 0800 Rest by having a day out in London(Not other work) and away from the truck. Drive back 2000 to 2300■■

Im over my 15 hour day but had over 9 hours rest. Truck is not fitted with bunk so I can`t rest in the truck.

Thanks

Jim

YES

Tha only consideration would be safety - that you are not too tired to drive back - only you can determine that

ROG:
YES

Tha only consideration would be safety - that you are not too tired to drive back - only you can determine that

Thanks for the quick reply rog.

Would I leave my card in on rest for 9 hours or remove it?? or either Im guessing.

Thanks

Kev

truckerjimbo:
Would I leave my card in on rest for 9 hours or remove it?? or either Im guessing.

Either BUT I would not chance it - take it with you

ROG:

truckerjimbo:

Either BUT I would not chance it - take it with you

Thanks

truckerjimbo:
HI

Quick question. Can I take a daily rest away from the truck and away from base. E.g

Drive to London 0500 to 0800 Rest by having a day out in London(Not other work) and away from the truck. Drive back 2000 to 2300■■

Im over my 15 hour day but had over 9 hours rest. Truck is not fitted with bunk so I can`t rest in the truck.

Thanks

Jim

Certainly you can have a daily rest period away from the truck when you’re away from base, in fact I would have thought that in your case it’s the only legal way you can have a daily rest as you have no “suitable sleeping facilities” in the vehicle which is a prerequisite of having a daily rest period in the truck :wink:

And I agree that you shouldn’t leave the card in the tachograph whilst away from the truck on a daily rest, though others may disagree.