Daily Mail report on a Lorry Accident today

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … lorry.html

A very tragic accident but why does the Daily Mail often ‘big up’ details about lorries involved.

I see they describe the lorry involved in this incident as “articulated”. Previously I have seen vehicles which are only three axles described as 40 tonners.

looks like a rigid to me.R.I.P. to those involved :frowning:
hope the lorry driver was doing 40 mph max.

The Artic they have quoted looks hellish like a Volvo tipper to me. Eddie.

Volvo 6 legger isn’t it? Or it hit that hard it’s crushed up like an accordian :laughing:

A entire family wiped out in a split second… We should all thank god that it wasn’t any of our loved ones. RIP

G6Bob:
A entire family wiped out in a split second… We should all thank god that it wasn’t any of our loved ones. RIP

And your ignoring the fact the car was on the wrong side of the road?

Turbovision:
Family of four are killed in head-on collision with articulated lorry on A801 | Daily Mail Online

A very tragic accident but why does the Daily Mail often ‘big up’ details about lorries involved.

I see they describe the lorry involved in this incident as “articulated”. Previously I have seen vehicles which are only three axles described as 40 tonners.

To answer the original question, it’s simply because sensationalism sells newspapers. Make it sound bigger, more spectacular, more dramatic than it is. That’s why a few inches of snow and -5 are described as “Siberian conditions”. British papers subscribe to the maxim “never let the facts get in way of a good story”. Tugging at the heart strings also helps, which is why there is so many pictures of the kids in the story.

Turbovision:

Thats the press for you, in the Algeria air crash that’s currently in the news a sky news reporter mentioned the FAA as the 'federal aviation authority when in actual fact it stands for ‘federal aviation administration’…

dew:

G6Bob:

Makes you wonder why they were on the wrong side, with kids in the car…

Radar19:

dew:

G6Bob:

Makes you wonder why they were on the wrong side, with kids in the car…

It makes ‘some’ wonder. Going by the other thread going on here they wouldn’t want to know any of the reasons behind the accident just as long as they get the road opened.

Being a parent myself I know just how easy it is to get distracted by your kids in the back. I just really hope this wasn’t caused by something as simple as the driver reaching into the back seat to pass something dropped back to a child. Maybe a bottle, toy, dummy (pacifier) etc.

Just a moments distraction is all it takes :S

I dont see anything wrong with that report except they described the vehicle as an articulated rather than a rigid. Its a very sad story that a whole young family have been killed through carelessness, its on a bend, and the car was reported as crossing in front of traffic before the collision. The report was to highlight the fact that 2 young children and their parents had been killed, it must have been a terrible shock for the driver of the tipper as well, R.I.P. to the young family.

Pimpdaddy:

Turbovision:

Thats the press for you, in the Algeria air crash that’s currently in the news a sky news reporter mentioned the FAA as the 'federal aviation authority when in actual fact it stands for ‘federal aviation administration’…

And many of the nuggets in the press are reporting the truck involved in yesterdays M6 south bump as a concrete truck, even seen 1 report describing it as a mixer, FFS it’s a tanker and it’s carrying cement, an ingredient of concrete, nowt like concrete :unamused:

That’s like calling a truck carrying bulk flour a cake wagon because it’s one of the ingredients :laughing:

The press are probably worse than the met office now at innacurate reporting :smiling_imp:

speedyguy:

Pimpdaddy:

Turbovision:

And many of the nuggets in the press are reporting the truck involved in yesterdays M6 south bump as a concrete truck, even seen 1 report describing it as a mixer, FFS it’s a tanker and it’s carrying cement, an ingredient of concrete, nowt like concrete :unamused:

That’s like calling a truck carrying bulk flour a cake wagon because it’s one of the ingredients :laughing:

The press are probably worse than the met office now at innacurate reporting :smiling_imp:

That must mean I drive a sandwich waggon :sunglasses: