Daily Driving

Yesterday with everything going on all over the motorways I parked up back in the yard having done 10hrs 2min daily driving.

This is the first time in like ten years of tacho work I’ve ever bust my ten hours so question is if I got a tug from VOSA what would I realistically be looking at?

They wouldn’t be remotely interested.

Harry Monk:
They wouldn’t be remotely interested.

Wot Harry said.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do an event print out write a quick explanation and forget about it, if pulled DVSA may ask and you’ve got the event printout, but for 2 mins they won’t give a toss

NOTHING simple as that,2 minutes is nothing as your tacho would show you had stopped and parked up and not driven any further,its the ones who deliberately flaunt the rules their after.

Cheers chaps. I didn’t think two minutes or any one off would be a major but it’s nice to have some reassurance

A little tip…do a print out at the time of the event, the nice men at DVSA like it like that. Nothing to worry about on this occasion though.

Yeah took a printout when I took my card out and endorsed it so covered on that score

Taking a printout and writing your explanation for going over your hours has about the same legal significance as saying “I didn’t mean to exceed the speed limit” after the event - The only times you need to be be making written entries (assuming your card and the tachograph are working normally) on printouts are (1) to amend an incorrect recording (e.g. being away from the vehicle so not able to change modes) and (2) to account for a departure from the rules due to unforeseen circumstances which was necessary to get to a safe stopping point. That doesn’t include going over due to the run taking a bit longer than expected.

As has already been stated, DVSA won’t be at all bothered and no written confession is required.

toonsy:
Yesterday with everything going on all over the motorways I parked up back in the yard having done 10hrs 2min daily driving.

This is the first time in like ten years of tacho work I’ve ever bust my ten hours :open_mouth: so question is if I got a tug from VOSA what would I realistically be looking at?

first time in 10 years, you really haven’t been trying have you. :laughing:

I think you get a cuddly toy for the first minute, then a toaster for the second, I’ve been told you get a Ferrari if you can get to 15 hours driving in a shift. :smiley: