daily checks

was parked up in a subcontractors depot last night ( wont name names) when one of their trucks parks up for the day.
i noticed something shiney on an otherwise dirty truck from 20 yards away so whilst the driver was doing his paperwork i had a stroll over and had a look. rear trailer axle btw.
told the driver what i had seen and he came and had a look. he said “thanks” then as he jumped into his car to go home . he said he would defect it in the morning. :question:

ffs, in the morning. whats wrong with now.

now i dont know a lot but to to be this bad them nuts must have been loose for a while and i would hazard a guess you would have noticed them when you done your morning checks :open_mouth:

ps. if anyone finds a wheel stud at the side of the road could you post it to soham :wink:

Turners?

Opps, someone is gonna be in the ■■■■! Why would you let a trailer get loaded overnight knowing that your not gonna be able to take it out :confused:

Someone reporting that & hopefully ending any possibility of it going out again, could possibly save someone’s life !

The rims about knackered anyway, look at the bead edge where it has been kerbed :open_mouth:

Dave, don`t think they would have been loose on the morning checks, I was once tipping at Marshalls Sittingbourne when I noticed something shiney, 2 broken wheel studs, 2 missing wheel nuts and the rest loose. I had done all my daily checks before I left the yard but that was over 4 hours away and something like that only takes a few minutes.
Not defending the driver because not reporting it until the morning is just plain daft.

dowahdiddyman:
Dave, don`t think they would have been loose on the morning checks, I was once tipping at Marshalls Sittingbourne when I noticed something shiney, 2 broken wheel studs, 2 missing wheel nuts and the rest loose. I had done all my daily checks before I left the yard but that was over 4 hours away and something like that only takes a few minutes.
Not defending the driver because not reporting it until the morning is just plain daft.

I would disagree with that and say they have been loose for a while, probably after a wheel change and not re-torqued, but as you say, a bit daft not to book it off at night, it could get you a bollocking if someone has already emailed the picture to Soham :open_mouth:

shocking…how many people get killed each year when they come off

fuse:
shocking…how many people get killed each year when they come off

I know one bloke who was killed three times. :grimacing:

Based on the data and a range of assumptions about the data, TRL has estimated that the typical annual frequency of wheel fixing problems is between 7,500 and 11,000 wheel fixing defects resulting in between 150 and 400 wheel detachments. Of the wheel detachments, it was estimated that between 50 and 134 would result in damage only accidents, 10 to 27 in injury accidents and 3 to 7 in fatal accidents.

Here are the “estimated” figures from the DFT