Daftness on the motorways

Just reading on kent online about a nasty sounding accident around J4 M25 and the people in the que are allowing there kids to play football and wander around on the opposite closed carraigeway. All of a sudden to other side is opened and the kids are stranded on the opposite side of the road . Police had to put in a rolling roadblock to get the brats across the road. As if they didn’t have enough to to deal with a near fatal motorcycle accident with out having to inconvenience the just freed up trafic to deal wth this . Shud have stuck the parants with a nice fine. Rant over

I can understand people needing to jump out for a pee or to stretch their legs while the traffic isn’t moving, but wandering onto the other side of a motorway just because it’s closed is madness.

The cops could have just gone over to the kids and told them to get off the road before they re-opened it.

IndigoJo:
The cops could have just gone over to the kids and told them to get off the road before they re-opened it.

im not sure the would have been expecting kids playing in the road 3 miles up the road never mind see them . Do you really think if they knew they where there they will have opened the road.

They will get a bill from highways agency, and it can be huge. I dont think insurance will cover it either.

chester1:

IndigoJo:

im not sure the would have been expecting kids playing in the road 3 miles up the road never mind see them . Do you really think if they knew they where there they will have opened the road.

Why not? Seen as though there are cameras situated every so many yards to monitor traffic, situations and such as these folk wondering about on the motorway. They would’ve easily been picked up by someone at Highways agency HQ and they could’ve then got in contact with the police and informed them of a bunch of idiots alowing their kids to play on the motorway.

IndigoJo:

The police police and highways should never let traffic go through like that, they should always run blocked traffic through to the next open junction.

Poor show

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

chester1:

IndigoJo:

Why not? Seen as though there are cameras situated every so many yards to monitor traffic, situations and such as these folk wondering about on the motorway. They would’ve easily been picked up by someone at Highways agency HQ and they could’ve then got in contact with the police and informed them of a bunch of idiots alowing their kids to play on the motorway.

the ones playing football where out of the way by the time they opened the road the ones that got caught out were on the bank the other side. that part of the 25 is the only part that’s not been updated not sure the cameras have a 100% view around there with hills and bends

I thought it was illegal to walk on a motorway never mind play football. Unless you have broke down and just walking to a phone of course.

Well it sounds to me like they have some very irresponsible parents! What kind of person in their right mind would allow their children to play on the motorway, The M25 at that! Ok, if the traffic is at a standstill then let them stretch their legs for 10 mins but to let them play football on the M25 is really gonna send them the message of road safety and how dangerous motorways can be. I hope the parents feel happy with themselves for having let their kids become trapped on the opposite side of the motorway and causing another potential accident and giving the police more work on top of the original accident they were sent to deal with. Hope they get a nice talking to off the police!

Rant over

The parents shud have been made to go around to pick them up and then forced to join the que again which was 4 to 5 hours long

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !
Sorry, this just made me laugh !
Same as the ■■■■■■ who join the motorway at 54 mph !

lost me that one dude ^^^^^

chester1:
lost me that one dude ^^^^^

Sorry, meant to say ‘matching my speed’