Daftest defect ever seen?

Working for Sainsburys yesterday in a 55 plate MAN, whilst waiting to tip at a stre I leafed through the defect book, some good ones in there, air con not working, electric windows wired up the wrong way round, and the best one, Squeeking seat when you go over a bump :open_mouth: , yes it was annoying but not worthy of a defect FFS.

Any othersā– ā– ?

Fifth wheel grease on seat, requires valeting!

yes, one of my ā€œProfessional Driversā€ ( who no longer works for me :smiley: ) defected the near side mirrors :open_mouth:

the faultā€¦

there was no back covers on them :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

he, himself had hit an overhanging branch a couple of days before and knocked them off :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Weve had a defects put in forā€¦

Chas & Dave cd stuck in player-needs URGENT attention

washer fluid level low(sorry i cant find the filler cap :frowning: )

and my all time favoriteā€¦n/s indicator repeater works/doesnt work (when asked he said he didnt realise it flashed !!!)

Never seen it but with the amount of whiners on here it wouldnā€™t surprise me if people wouldnā€™t take out there unit if the radio didnā€™t work :smiley:

scottishcruiser:
Never seen it but with the amount of whiners on here it wouldnā€™t surprise me if people wouldnā€™t take out there unit if the radio didnā€™t work :smiley:

I wouldnt :laughing:

Nah not that bad but got in a truck before where the radio didnt work and asked for another unit, 13 hour shift with no radio really does your head in.

Ive done a week for an ex-employer with no radio, was near demented and nearly bought a cd player from halfords but eventually used my phone/earphone with phone taped to the driver window for signal LOLā€¦

A colleauge of mine told me a tale about the Ford truck fleet at Dagenham which had a dozen or so units on hire for a month or two & when the hire company picked them up they hadnā€™t turned a wheel, sometimes big companies hire in just in case, but this time it was different, they hadnā€™t moved because the shop steward had inspected them & they had no 12v socket to run the driverā€™s TVs, he declared them unfit for service & they stayed where they were!

How the other half live :unamused:

obd :sunglasses:

I had put some in my daily check sheet when working for McLellans.

Most common was ā€œSe defect sheet from yesterdayā€¦ and day beforeā€¦ and day beforeā€¦ and day beforeā€¦ā€

As I realised that no-one reads that I wanted to check if I am right, so I put some like ā€œGramophone plays record too fastā€ or ā€œback window heating faultyā€ or ā€œside cart mounting needs attentionā€. They never come back to me on that, so I guess they werenā€™t reading it at all :wink:

cheeky monkey:
Weve had a defects put in forā€¦

Chas & Dave cd stuck in player-needs URGENT attention

Now THAT is SERIOUS - could you listen to that all shift !!!

orys:
I had put some in my daily check sheet when working for McLellans.

Most common was ā€œSe defect sheet from yesterdayā€¦ and day beforeā€¦ and day beforeā€¦ and day beforeā€¦ā€

As I realised that no-one reads that I wanted to check if I am right, so I put some like ā€œGramophone plays record too fastā€ or ā€œback window heating faultyā€ or ā€œside cart mounting needs attentionā€. They never come back to me on that, so I guess they werenā€™t reading it at all :wink:

That is a legal document you know. Mr Vosa Man might not see the funny side if he pulled you over and saw them

Steve-o:
That is a legal document you know. Mr Vosa Man might not see the funny side if he pulled you over and saw them

I am affraid, that the Vosa Man will be too busy with the real defectsā€¦

I was lucky enaugh to work at night, so I had a comfort to refuse take some lorry to the road and to take another oneā€¦

One night I took forth out.

I was driving a rigid on the night trunk and had to swap it for another truck at the depot and bring it back home. They had replaced a side window, but there was glass all over the inside of the cab, on the seats, in the cup holders, along the windscreen etc. So I got a brush and cleaned up the worst of it so I could drive back.
Anyway, the day driver took it over and the next night I saw that heā€™d written ā€œglass all over cabā€ in the defect book. And the next night, and the next, and the next. So on my last night I had a few minutes spare so I took everything out of the cab and got all the glass I could find out of the cab. I swept it all into a cardboard box which was being used for rubbish in the cab. I then threw the box away in a skip. The next time I saw the day driver, he gave me a bollocking for throwing the cardboard box away, and moaned because I had apparently left a ā€œgreasy markā€ on the windscreen with my head.

Good job Iā€™m agency, because he would have been leaving a greasy mark on the windscreen otherwise :imp:

Oh, I forgot, he also got a new cardboard box (lucky as they are SO rare) and wrote in 6 inch high letters - RUBBISH BIN on all 4 sides. Why canā€™t he take his rubbish out every day like the rest of us ? Probably the same reason he couldnā€™t clean a bit of glass up I suppose.

smoker:
I was driving a rigid on the night trunk and had to swap it for another truck at the depot and bring it back home. They had replaced a side window, but there was glass all over the inside of the cab, on the seats, in the cup holders, along the windscreen etc. So I got a brush and cleaned up the worst of it so I could drive back.
Anyway, the day driver took it over and the next night I saw that heā€™d written ā€œglass all over cabā€ in the defect book. And the next night, and the next, and the next. So on my last night I had a few minutes spare so I took everything out of the cab and got all the glass I could find out of the cab. I swept it all into a cardboard box which was being used for rubbish in the cab. I then threw the box away in a skip. The next time I saw the day driver, he gave me a bollocking for throwing the cardboard box away, and moaned because I had apparently left a ā€œgreasy markā€ on the windscreen with my head.

Good job Iā€™m agency, because he would have been leaving a greasy mark on the windscreen otherwise :imp:

Oh, I forgot, he also got a new cardboard box (lucky as they are SO rare) and wrote in 6 inch high letters - RUBBISH BIN on all 4 sides. Why canā€™t he take his rubbish out every day like the rest of us ? Probably the same reason he couldnā€™t clean a bit of glass up I suppose.

I use to hang a carrier bag from a hook at the back of my Renault Premium RIgidā€™s cab for my rubbish. One day the diff blew on the wagon & it was recovered & carted off to the local dealer. While the company desperately tried to find someone who could fix a busted diff for Ā£50 :unamused: the wagon got parked in the corner of the dealer yard & forgotten about.
I moved employer, but we still used the same dealer, so I was surprised to see my old wagon still parked in the yard gathering dust when I took my new new one in for itā€™s six week check. I also spotted the same bag of rubbish still hanging up at the back. God knows what state the half eaten sandwiches etc were in after hanging there for months.
The wagon remained there (along with the rubbish bag) to my knowledge for about another six months.

Best on I have come across is

ā€œGearbox knackered and wonā€™t change upā€

Turns out that the truck was an auto box and he just had his foot nailed to the floor all the time, moron.

My lorry was used over the weekend on nights and i came in this morning, to a letter on my dash from a night driver, saying that he had defected the lorry cos it was making a WHISTLING NOISE!!! :confused: under accelartion, iā€™d never laughed so much in my life, first time iā€™d seen one of our fitters cry lol

Ive seen on a Volvo bus ā€˜steering wheel upside downā€™ lol

just thought of another one

ā€œradiator getting hotā€

and

ā€œvehicle dirtyā€

and

ā€œhigh pitched beeping is driving me nuts what is itā– ā– ?ā€ (driver wasnā€™t putting the key in the tracking system and the beeping was a reminder.)

i wrote 5 Times ā€œNightheater not workingā€ and changed then to Nightshift