Daft TM or daft me?

So was asked by my TM today if I can start earky tomorrow (which means an early finish) so I said no problem. Then he said I can’t do it because it reduces my daily rest and I had used all my reductions.

Thing is I haven’t. I’ve used two this week and one last week. He says I can reduce three times in a FORTNIGHT. I told him he’s talking bobbins but alas he’s the boss.

Anyone else heard of this? Have I missed some time change or is he talking bobbins as I say he Is?

Your TM is wrong and needs to learn the regulations.

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between any two weekly rest periods.

tachograph:

Exactly as I thought.

Maybe he was thinking of driver welfare?

:laughing:

tachograph:

The TM is wrong, but for future reference when the OP really doesn’t want a reduced rest, he really doesn’t want to learn that particular reg. :laughing:

muckles:

tachograph:

The TM is wrong, but for future reference when the OP really doesn’t want a reduced rest, he really doesn’t want to learn that particular reg. :laughing:

I tell them all the time that I’ll reduce, because I know come Friday I’ll end up with a ■■■■ easy day and an early finish because I’ve used them up :laughing:

toonsy:
Maybe he was thinking of driver welfare?

:laughing:

Yeh that’ll be it :grimacing:

muckles:

Very true :grimacing:

Think that’s the difference between a traffic operator and a transport manager = no CPC

Do you work for a pallet company whos name begins with Fr do you? Seen exactly this on their agency questionaire and suspect they confused “between two weekly rests” and “in two weeks”. Or someone in head office has.

trevHCS:
Do you work for a pallet company whos name begins with Fr do you? Seen exactly this on their agency questionaire and suspect they confused “between two weekly rests” and “in two weeks”. Or someone in head office has.

No mate not guilty. Kinaxia I work for

Talking bobbins.

3 a week. As previously stated.
I’ve reduced 4 times this week but only used 1 reduced rest of my 3.

Old Scuffer:
Talking bobbins.

Sorry to be pedantic but it’s 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods not 3 a week.

If you have a reduced weekly rest period in the middle of the week you could have 6 reduced daily rest periods in the same fixed week :wink:

Your right, it is pedantic. But never mind, lol.
Think he’s got the answer he wanted to his doubts.

toonsy:
So was asked by my TM today if I can start earky tomorrow (which means an early finish) so I said no problem. Then he said I can’t do it because it reduces my daily rest and I had used all my reductions.

Thing is I haven’t. I’ve used two this week and one last week. He says I can reduce three times in a FORTNIGHT. I told him he’s talking bobbins but alas he’s the boss.

Anyone else heard of this? Have I missed some time change or is he talking bobbins as I say he Is?

Just checking .
How many days have you worked over 13 hrs ?

nick2008:
Just checking .

AND/OR - had less than 11 hours off between shifts :question:

ROG:

nick2008:
Just checking .

thats why i asked over 13hrs

nick2008:

ROG:

nick2008:
Just checking .

thats why i asked over 13hrs

None. They’ve all been like 12 hours ish so each shift I’ve been pulled forward starting times each day

tachograph:

Old Scuffer:
Talking bobbins.

Sorry to be pedantic but it’s 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods not 3 a week.

If you have a reduced weekly rest period in the middle of the week you could have 6 reduced daily rest periods in the same fixed week :wink:

Tacho, I like your presidential sig block, may I suggest one more?:

‘more and more of our imports come from other countries’ George W. Bush.

Why would you want to do 3 x15 a week.

Ask a train driver about working more than 36.5hrs a week.

toonsy:

muckles:

tachograph:

I tell them all the time that I’ll reduce, because I know come Friday I’ll end up with a ■■■■ easy day and an early finish because I’ve used them up :laughing:

Well now you only have to reduce twice in the week! :wink:

biggriffin:
Why would you want to do 3 x15 a week.

Ask a train driver about working more than 36.5hrs a week.

It doesn’t have to be 3 x 15 does it? I did 13 hours and a minute the ither week. It’s still a reduction regardless.