daft question

but someone as to ask it,so here goes:

after 19 weeks away from truck driving,would you come back to it,after driving taxis in the new forest,home every night and know when you will finish for the day.

or has it appears to be creeping back in,is the urge :open_mouth: to climb back in a truck.

money is pretty much the same,as with the hrs(60ish),so would you go back?

mark

I have had a couple of goes at Hackney and Private Hire driving but I’ve never managed to get more than a couple of hundred quid a week out of it myself.

if I could earn the same money, I would do it in preference to driving a truck.

round here harry is slightly different to most places,bus services are at best basic and not where you want to go ,mainly hourly,and dont carry your shopping to the front door,plus most cabs are saloon cars,so its a cab or a long walk.

Harry Monk:
I have had a couple of goes at Hackney and Private Hire driving but I’ve never managed to get more than a couple of hundred quid a week out of it myself.

if I could earn the same money, I would do it in preference to driving a truck.

Are you really in Peckham Harry? I done it for 10 years, i was badged Hackney and later private and owned my own Hackney cab and later plated my car for private before giving it up as i was just fed up of it. But i would clear more than 2 ton on a Saturday night.

best i have done on sat night is £272.00,and have the proof,but as mike-c says you get fed up ,mainly with the drunks,week in,week out and coming up to long xmas weekends,most will be on a 3 night bender,so i will be giving it a miss and having some time off.

mark

Yes, I’d go back, and have done from being well-paid IT tutor.

When the urge comes back you gotta go with it, for better or worse.

tell me if you need a Driver

well the urge got the better of me and since tuesday have been back in the truck,spent monday sitting around what seemed like hours for jobs/runs,so called it a day.
the 03.15 alarm call today was a shock to the old bones,but hopefully will get used to it again.

mark

I work in an office and do driving part time - sometimes the urge goes so I stop for a while then the urge comes back and I am off looking for bits of work.

I now do some evening runs for a firm who only need me once or twice every 6 weeks so that satisfies the urge.