Daft question .

Has anyone seen the vast amount of cars with just the driver, and no occupants, when office workers have done their commute and are at work , where is everyone else going, they are dressed in casual clothing and not reps or business people ?
When a motorway is shut and everyone is having a ■■■ stood in lane three, it becomes more noticeable .
Is the car trip just for the sake of it as there is no major event on or attraction in the area?
I do wonder if they have jobs .
Nimbies bang on about lorries, so put tachos in cars to monitor driving times and rest breaks for car drivers .
They don’t like us down weight limits but a thousand cars an hour is no different to a few lorries .
In narrow lanes, they see a truck coming and increase their speed, at the last second they realise there is no room for two and look up at you like it’s your fault for stopping them .

Sorry wrong room . For a split second I thought this was dozy’ half hour :wink:

It’s just one of life’s great mysteries. People drive around for no apparent reason whatsoever. That’s why driver less cars are on the horizon so ones own car can drive around all day just coz it can with no bugger in it.

There’s other mysteries like if the wife moans and there’s no one around does she really make a noise.

Why when I ask someone the time do they get their phone out when in the past they would look at their wrist even if they haven’t got a watch on.

Why when I cross a zebra crossing do I perform a silly skip walk thing whilst thanking the vehicle that’s stopped for me. It looks totally gay.

Just think how much nicer it would all be if all those people in cars were on bicycles, roads would be less congested making essential haulage a far less stressful job, the air we breath would be much cleaner, climate change would be slowed or even halted, then with a fitter healthier society services like the NHS could be reduced thus reducing taxation, we would all be richer, happier and healthier. Personnel motorised transport is an insidious evil phenomenon that is plaguing society, hopefully we will one day wake up to the utter nonsense of the CAR…

Bluey Circles:
Just think how much nicer it would all be if all those people in cars were on bicycles, roads would be less congested making essential haulage a far less stressful job, the air we breath would be much cleaner, climate change would be slowed or even halted, then with a fitter healthier society services like the NHS could be reduced thus reducing taxation, we would all be richer, happier and healthier. Personnel motorised transport is an insidious evil phenomenon that is plaguing society, hopefully we will one day wake up to the utter nonsense of the CAR…

And the winner for the most obvious trolling attempt to start an argument on a friday goes to this guy!
Nice attempt but a smidgen too obvious. You overshot the runway a bit by claiming that overuse of bikes would reduce taxation. Yeah, like the government will pass on that saving to the likes of us by reducing taxes! :laughing:

The-Snowman:

Bluey Circles:

And the winner for the most obvious trolling attempt to start an argument on a friday goes to this guy!
Nice attempt but a smidgen too obvious. You overshot the runway a bit by claiming that overuse of bikes would reduce taxation. Yeah, like the government will pass on that saving to the likes of us by reducing taxes! :laughing:

Personally I think he’s absolutely spot on.

switchlogic:

The-Snowman:

Bluey Circles:

Personally I think he’s absolutely spot on.

im still trying to work out whats more ludicrous,the post or the reply… :unamused:
and…why is it that when im driving and lost,do I open the window ?

I’m off down the shop in a jif, need some milk and a packet of ■■■■…5 minute walk or 1 minute in the car…it’s cold, so I’m taking the car…its taxed/mot’d/insured and I’ll use it when I want, for what I want…and I’m wearing me trackies and a hoodie! And like so many others, my Mrs is NHS employed and uses her car for house calls (CMHT) and she’s always on her own in the car, dressed smart/casual, so not everybody is just out on a joyride

Edit: My car is a 2.2 diesel and also a Mondeo (as mentioned in another thread) I have no limp and work nights. Her’s is a sporty little number, Fiesta ZetecS…1.0, 3 cylinder turbo…rather nippy little thing!

Dipper_Dave:
It’s just one of life’s great mysteries. People drive around for no apparent reason whatsoever. That’s why driver less cars are on the horizon so ones own car can drive around all day just coz it can with no bugger in it.

Could be going shopping, picking kids up from school, visiting a mate who’s in hospital. They work afternoons/nights/weekends or are limpers.

And now I’m going to limp to my car, get in it, on my own, and drive about a bit with the view to weeing one of you off. :grimacing:

Bluey Circles:

You might be right, you might not be

Personally i prefer to drive and smoke at the same time

Each to their own :wink:

dieseldog999:
why is it that when im driving and lost,do I open the window ?

Or when looking for a street sign, you turn down the radio!

Tommy7437:
You might be right, you might not be

Personally i prefer to drive and smoke at the same time

Each to their own :wink:

Erm , u just need more practise .

I can skin up whilst cycling …

And i can skin up stationary with just left hand too (virtue of spending over a year of my life with right hand in plaster )

Give it a try .

Then you can dump the car .

Most capital cities in Europe ban cars on the
number or letters on the number plate, then the next day different number plates can’t drive.

The-Snowman:

dieseldog999:
why is it that when im driving and lost,do I open the window ?

Haha, I still do both of those!!! :blush:

Pete.

Bluey Circles:

I don’t think the car is utter nonsense, but I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said, in some European countries the infrastructure is there to enable cycling, this hasn’t meant a reduction in car ownership, but it does mean people are far more willing and able to use their bikes for local trips. The problem with the UK is the debate seems to be very much them and us, and with many on the pro cycling side seemingly on the fringes of the political spectrum, and this doesn’t help the debate or getting people together to get things done.

Dipper_Dave:
That’s why driver less cars are on the horizon so ones own car can drive around all day just coz it can with no bugger in it.

:laughing: :laughing: I can see this happening. Just picture it, you say to the missus… just gonna pop to the shops… er… maybe not, cars away out for a jolly with it’s mates again! :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Has anyone seen the vast amount of cars with just the driver, and no occupants, when office workers have done their commute and are at work , where is everyone else going, they are dressed in casual clothing and not reps or business people ?

Okay, I’m sorry everyone but I can’t keep this massive secret any longer. Someone needs to tell him ffs.

Toby, have you seen the film The Truman Show? You know, with Jim Carrey? Yes? Good. Well that’s you mate. You’re Truman. All those people you see around you in cars are just actors. Everything you’ve ever known is a lie.

The only way you’re going to get the car-culture public to take the bus - is by doubling road duty and making public transport a flat fee of £1 per trip everywhere. You could even do it for free, but charging £1 keeps the riff raff off the platforms/bus stops. :bulb:

Bluey Circles:

I’m guessing you hate the idea of the single occupant road trip across Europe with the 15 mpg V12 classic just for the fun of it.To attend a motor sport event where even more fuel will be used for more fun.It’s called freedom get used to it. :imp: :unamused:

dieseldog999:
.why is it that when im driving and lost,do I open the window ?

That is a wonderful observation, made me laugh cuase I think I do the same myself … LOL

The-Snowman:

I guess turning the radio down is a good way to increase concentration, and begs the question should the radio be turned off whilst travelling through built up areas where there is the likelyhood of childern or dogs running out, but maybe that is a subject for another thread.

muckles:
I don’t think the car is utter nonsense, but I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said, in some European countries the infrastructure is there to enable cycling, this hasn’t meant a reduction in car ownership, but it does mean people are far more willing and able to use their bikes for local trips. The problem with the UK is the debate seems to be very much them and us, and with many on the pro cycling side seemingly on the fringes of the political spectrum, and this doesn’t help the debate or getting people together to get things done.

I wasn’t meaning that the car is utter nonsense, in fact far from it, it’s concept and how it has been developed is just amazing, they really are truly wondrous machines and a credit to man’s ingenuity.

What bemuses me is our relationship with the car; A surprising number of people are utterly obsessed by them, I’m sure many spend far more than they can afford to own the latest editions, air conditioning, climate control, electric windows, electric seats, state of the are hi-fi… People better equip their cars than there houses which is just odd.

It’s complete madness, year by year the things are getting bigger and more powerful, we own more of them than ever before (my wife has two of the dam things adding up to 375hp, god knows why, she can’t be much more than 8 stone) People wash and polish these contraptions every week, they become depressed at the tiniest of blemishes to the paintwork, they become upset if anything slows them down, continuously whining about ‘The Traffic’ with little concept that the are ‘The Traffic’. The situation is madness and it’s getting worse.

I am sure society will one day wake up and think to themselves WTF are we doing.