Daft (er than usual) restriction signs

This one gets me

when it has this underneath

What else is going to be over 7.5t and un / loading there, why bother with the picture of the truck on the sign.

Today on the A14 at the Haughley bends I notice the get in lane signs advise you that the right lane has a

with limit sign like this but for 3m / 9’10" and the says NO HGV. What non HGV is going to be close to 3m wide?

And my other favourite is the Rotherhithe tunnel

Width limit 7’6"

Length 33’

Height 14’9"

Weight 17t

I imagine it could cause problems for someone using a Transit or similar to tow a glider trailer but there can’t be much else narrow enough to get through that challenge the other dimensions.

8wheels:
Today on the A14 at the Haughley bends I notice the get in lane signs advise you that the right lane has a

with limit sign like this but for 3m / 9’10" and the says NO HGV. What non HGV is going to be close to 3m wide?

coach, bus and and an american motorhome :wink:

No picture but for a time there were 2 signs 3metres apart at the top of our lane.
The first was a ‘No Entry’ sign.
The second urged care because of children in the vicinity. :open_mouth: :laughing:
When they both blew down in a storm someone got the message and only replaced the ‘No Entry’ sign. :unamused: :laughing:

Not a restriction sign but daft all the same.
When entering Swindon on the main roads there are signs stating . . .
“FOR TOWN CENTRE SHOPPING FOLLOW TOWN CENTRE”
Is it me? :unamused:

That’s my favourite one. No bicycles, except bicycles :wink:

In fact, there is just something about that, as according to stupid and complicated polish highway code, bicycle on the main sigh means also some mopeds, when bicycle on the small sigh meand human powered cycles only :stuck_out_tongue:

And also, did anybody noticed on the M1 towards London there are signs like this one:

with “stay in lane” written under them.

Is that mean, that if I am driving on the right lane, I should drive to the end, then park up there and wait, until they’ll finish with a roadworks and open the lane again? :wink:

dave:

8wheels:

coach, bus and and an american motorhome :wink:

I’ve never seen any running as a wide load though

I found these.

last image removed for review…Denis F

heres a good one :slight_smile:

Not trafiic related but heres another

some signs from across the pond now.

And one last one. seems Cheshire County Council have decided to start along the line sof the Welsh regarding Road Signs. with one small difference. Theres no english at all on these signs they put up for Polish drivers who cant understand english at all …

BigJon:
And one last one. seems Cheshire County Council have decided to start along the line sof the Welsh regarding Road Signs. with one small difference. Theres no english at all on these signs they put up for Polish drivers who cant understand english at all …

…and these signs are made by someone, who don’t know polish too good :wink:

orys:

BigJon:

…and these signs are made by someone, who don’t know polish too good :wink:

Go on, Orys, give us a literal translation…it’s got to be good!

But I am not really sure what author tried to tell there…

Give me english originals and I’ll do that.

It seems to me, that someone was using computer translator. So it’s worth to mention: computer translation aren’t yet smart enough to copy with complicated slavic grammar…

form what i understand. its meaning in english is , telling you to go to Whitchurch along the A49 follow the diversion route

good place to put a fire hydrant sign…
and pedestrians honk honk… :smiley:

What’s that mean its (if I can translate it close to what that mean in polish, I will add something from me to show the meaning, altough it’s not ex plicite written):

“DIVERSION NUMBER A49 TO PLACES CLOSE TO WITHCHURCH” but it migh also mean “DIVERSION OF ROAD A49 TO PLACES CLOSE TO WITCHURCH” or “DIVERSION NUMBER A49 TO WITHCHURCH AND CLOSE PLACES” if they will put coma or “and” in it…

Second sign is a bit better, but no one will tell like that in polish…

If you want full sentence it should be “ABY DOJECHAĆ DO WITCHURCH DROGĄ NUMER A49 SKRĘĆ W NAJBLIŻSZĄ DROGĘ W PRAWO” (TO GO TO WITCHURCH BY ROAD NUMER A49 TURN NEXT RIGHT) but it should rather be just “A49 WITCHURCH, DIVERSION ->” as signs in Poland have to be as short as possible.

Also, NEXT ist translated to polish as NASTĘPNY or NAJBLIŻSZY. With NAJBLIŻSZY there is not a problem, as that’s mean excactly the same. Problem is, that it would be rather translated as “NASTĘPNY”, as we can see on this sign. And NASTĘPNY might mean not just next, but “next after this one”, so that would mean “SECOND RIGHT” for many of people…

It’s hard for me to explain what’s wrong with that, as polish language compared to english is much richer ( I readed one time, that average polish speaker is using 7000 words and understand about 30 000 when average english speaker is using 2000 words and understand 8000, so it’s hard, as one word in english can be translated in many ways into polish…)

No bloody wonder most of you speak good english Orys! :wink:

My favourite restriction sign has to be the one on the M4 at Newport, restricting loads to 80 tonnes GVW. Mind you, there are a lot of Nolan’s motors along there…

… tin hat on awaiting incoming! :laughing:

What happened to the Austrian village sign? :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

do you really need to ask :question: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Denis F:

Wheel Nut:

do you really need to ask :question: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

aww spoilsport i not seen it

gnasty gnome:
No bloody wonder most of you speak good english Orys! :wink:

My favourite restriction sign has to be the one on the M4 at Newport, restricting loads to 80 tonnes GVW. Mind you, there are a lot of Nolan’s motors along there…

… tin hat on awaiting incoming! :laughing:

Ha yes pass that all the time, but its only for the stretch through the bryn glas tunnel lol