DAFT DAF???

On thursday night i had to drive a DAF CF on 07 plate and i cudnt find a 12v socket for my TV.Now i dont wanna come across as thick but do these wagons have em and if so where?If they havnt got any why not? :question: :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

IIRC mate isn’t the 12v socket 1 of them daft hella type sockets somewhere below the stereo■■? It’s been a while since i was in DAF but I think that’s where it is. As for there not being any, that’s not unusual, as my Axor only has 2 24v sockets even though it has a built in dropper :imp:

Some have 12V some don’t all depends on who spec’ed / ordered it new.

Cheaper the better Haulage :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

in ours ther are 2 sockets
1 a hela job the real small one = 12v
and the other is 24v

If the 12 v aint there have a look on the passanger side I know Scania fitted them on that side

in my cf the ■■■ lighter is 24v and the smaller socket beside it is 12v so would presume it be the same unless it been spec diffrent

i have an 07 plate cf,and had to get the garage to fit a dropper and two sockets.its daf(t) but there you go…

In the CF, beside the tacho there is a radio blanking plate, prise this out, and you should see a white plug, this is a 12volt supply, BUT I dont know what tis will take amp wise, my guess is its on really suitable for Radio or CB as its a spur from the tacho, at least it was on the analogue trucks…

If not 9 times out of 10 the small plug under the heater controls is 12v, with the ciggy one being 24, bear in mind most mobile phone chargers, sat navs, laptop top gubbins can run off 12/24v but double check with the charger people first as not all will do 24v…

Bloody site has posted this 4 times, must be all the pictures mucking the site up :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Double post, sorry…

I had a rental 95XF a couple of weeks ago. No 12v anywhere I could find. No kettle for two nights :imp:

Borrowed a dropper but not good enough for kettles!

I have to hit submit twice to send a message, and IE8 has slowed all the typing so it’s showing three words behind what I type. No - I don’t want Firefox - it always buggers up my computer :astonished:

Just for anybody not aware you can buy convertors from the hella socket to a normal ■■■ lighter socket. They aren’t expensive.

Gardun, a 24v kettle will boil quicker :wink:

hella sockets are the biz
better connection by far

Driveroneuk:
Just for anybody not aware you can buy convertors from the hella socket to a normal ■■■ lighter socket. They aren’t expensive.

Gardun, a 24v kettle will boil quicker :wink:

It also melts the plugs quicker!!! Tried a couple, but 12v seems safer. Also, I could use it in the car if needed!

Just off topic, but the comments about kettles reminded me of wht happened to one of our lads.
He had a 1000 watt invertor fitted and plugged a household kettle into it. Well it didn’t work. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: 7500watts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the responses peeps,im gonna make an extra long lead wiv crocodile clips fitted and connect straight to the battery.It shud work :question:

Don’t forget to put an inline fuse in the + lead.

Driveroneuk:
Don’t forget to put an inline fuse in the + lead.

Thanks mate i certainly will :wink: