DAFs and adblue

OK so I’m now driving an 18t 12 plate DAF CF Monday to Friday. I’ve only tried filling the adblue up 3 times. 1st time pumps wouldn’t do jack. 2nd after a little complaining it happily filled my tank up. 3ed time it did slowly put some in but kept cutting out. I asked the chap at the service station if it was me being a newb and he said its a common problem with DAFs as the DAF-t people at DAF have put the ‘magnet’ too low in the tank and the pump can’t sence it.

Is there a nack to filling up the adblue on DAFs or is it just pot luck as to what pump you get and if it feels kind to you that day? Or have the DAF-t people at DAF just left us to use the more expensive tubs?

I’ve got a DAF XF and even trying to fill it from a tub is a pain. It wont realease the trapped air back out at the same time as its filling it, so you end up rocking the botttle backwards and forwards to get the air out, takes blooming ages.

i donjt have a probem with mine although i only ever use a watering can staright out of an ibc sometimes it does blow out quite a bit of air but normaly only when its almost empty just try and fill adblue up every time you fuel up

El Deano:
I’ve got a DAF XF and even trying to fill it from a tub is a pain. It wont realease the trapped air back out at the same time as its filling it, so you end up rocking the botttle backwards and forwards to get the air out, takes blooming ages.

Reassuring to know its not just me. Otherwise I quite like my new steed, even if she has been battered a little before I got her. I much prefer the 4 over 4 than the autos as well :sunglasses:

The ad-blue pumps at places like mimms you need to put the pump nozzle as far into the blue sleeve in the neck as it will go other wise the pump keeps clicking off, as for the 10ltr bottles you can buy I never use the blue spout I use a funnel as or you could pierce the bottle of the bottle to allow air in to let fluid out

TheTrogFather:

El Deano:

Reassuring to know its not just me. Otherwise I quite like my new steed, even if she has been battered a little before I got her. I much prefer the 4 over 4 than the autos as well :sunglasses:

mannual 4 over 4 all the way absolutely love mine until it stop start but atleast the clutch is nice and light i even sometimes use half gears when loaded up hills on motorway save dropping into 7th and still keep the speed

TheNewBoy:
The ad-blue pumps at places like mimms you need to put the pump nozzle as far into the blue sleeve in the neck as it will go other wise the pump keeps clicking off, as for the 10ltr bottles you can buy I never use the blue spout I use a funnel as or you could pierce the bottle of the bottle to allow air in to let fluid out

I do push it right down but still no joy. Does the sleeve contain the magnet?

El Deano:

stab 2 holes in the top with a knife, it works a treat :smiley: