DAF106xf

as I said before I now drive a daf 106 xf,it’s doing my head in,does anyone know how to disable the automatic braking on these vehicles,the lane departure system works off a switch on the dash I know that one but I came back to my depot yesterday,in front was a mini that was turning into a house, plenty of room to go around so as I came around with no problem I got the crash symbol on the dash and the bloody brakes came on,if I had not been wearing a seatbelt I would have nutted the windscreen,i was literally passing the mini when it happened,in a way it’s a good thing but also really annoying

In short, you can’t. You can turn off both the switches for the land guidance and the aebs but as far as I know switching off the aebs stops it applying the brakes, but it will still warn you if it thinks you are going to have a crash.

Or adjust your driving style…

You can’t I think most of us have tried at some point, I even asked my old boss if he could get daf to do it but he said no.

According to oyr local DAF dealer it’s a Euro 6 legal requirement and can’t be disabled. Dunno if tje quality an d number of false alerts is same or different in other makes. Lane departure system can be turned off but note, if off and it gets a dirty sensor it will start chiming and flashing to tell you it’s not working. Somewhat distracting. It may then clear itself only to repeat gail warnings later. So in spite of being turned off it’ll keep making noise and flashing warnings. I could comment further but the auto censor would kick in…
EDIT P.S. Guess youve not used it in the snow yet? Bit of white stuff on front of truck and on the road will have bells whistles and lights all going off. Weve got legislation to stop us being distracted by phones etc, and quite correct too, when will we be able to be trusted to turn off false alarms ourselves?

truckman020:
as I said before I now drive a daf 106 xf,it’s doing my head in,does anyone know how to disable the automatic braking on these vehicles,the lane departure system works off a switch on the dash I know that one but I came back to my depot yesterday,in front was a mini that was turning into a house, plenty of room to go around so as I came around with no problem I got the crash symbol on the dash and the bloody brakes came on,if I had not been wearing a seatbelt I would have nutted the windscreen,i was literally passing the mini when it happened,in a way it’s a good thing but also really annoying

Piece of s*** DAFs… give me a merc any day!

the nodding donkey:
Or adjust your driving style…

nothing wrong with my driving style,if you read the post I said there was plenty of room to go around,and I could not have gone any more slowly than I was when approaching the mini

SouthEastCashew:

truckman020:

I had one before the DAF, not the most comfortable are mercs but at least they had none of this braking rubbish on them

westermant:
You can’t I think most of us have tried at some point, I even asked my old boss if he could get daf to do it but he said no.

trouble is if we have this technology now what will it be like in 5 yrs,i reckon it will get worse

SouthEastCashew:

truckman020:

My mate has a new Merc, it did exactly the same to him, stopped dead in a village when it saw a set of bollards it didn’t like the look of.

Sorry younger drivers, us old buggers only have a handful of years left of this ■■■■■■■■, or whatever next the pointy heads dream up (probably electric steering that takes over :unamused: ), you young un’s have a got a bloody lifetime of this to come.

Juddian:
Sorry younger drivers, us old buggers only have a handful of years left of this ■■■■■■■■, or whatever next the pointy heads dream up (probably electric steering that takes over :unamused: ), you young un’s have a got a bloody lifetime of this to come.

You had many booking as a motivational speaker mate? :laughing:
I’ve got a brand new C class on hire whilst my Audi is fixed after a truck reversed into it, and my mate who drivers an older one has talking about the amount of pointless bollox in his, and even more so when he was in mine today. Are you seriously telling me that being able to use a mouse pad via the centre console controlling the screen higher up whilst driving isn’t a bad idea? :open_mouth: You can’t use a phone whilst you drive, but you’re allowed to ‘interface’ with the vehicle more than is needed or safe…

It even tells you on the dash to change up or down FFS. :unamused:
And as for the driving, the steering is vague, vague, and then bites.
You can tell the computer is calling you a ■■■■■■… :cry:

Unfortunately all tucks will probably be the same ,the manufacturer ie DAF ,Mers etc ,don’t manufacture the systems .They are made by other manufactures…and are bought in ,much like EBS ,ECAS etc Wether the installation is wrong I don’t know ,though like all things in life it will get better ,our generation are the guinea pigs ,like the next generation will be guinea pigs ,so to summerise ,trucks will never be perfect ,as we understand and perfect 1 system ,something new will come out to ■■■ it all up