DAF106xf,auto braking

a couple of months back I posted that the auto braking system in the DAF106f might be able to be turned off,some said it could not so I left it at that,you can turn off the lane departure system but not the auto braking,or so I thought,seems you can turn it off with the AEBS switch on the dashboard,you still get the alarm and the symbol come up but no auto braking,very happy now but you have to do it every time you turn the ignition on,small price to pay for an annoying feature

the benefit off reading the handbook ,if you get one

Doesn’t fully turn off. If it detects a collision it’ll still whack the brakes on and that includes false positives such as the odd bridge you go under, when the road turns sharply to the left at a right turn with a central reservation for vehicles turning right etc.

Conor:
Doesn’t fully turn off. If it detects a collision it’ll still whack the brakes on and that includes false positives such as the odd bridge you go under, when the road turns sharply to the left at a right turn with a central reservation for vehicles turning right etc.

So what does turning it “off” actually achieve? The OP says you still get the audible and visual alerts - You say you still get auto braking…?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Conor:

So what does turning it “off” actually achieve? The OP says you still get the audible and visual alerts - You say you still get auto braking…?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I reckon is something that is specced into the trucks computer so the OP’s truck may not have the same software spec as Conor’s meaning his will disable the actual braking whilst Conor’s truck does not.

Did think about doing that when I had use of a 66 plate one, but wondered if the system records this so if you were unlucky enough to have a serious accident, would the police be able to find out you’d disabled the system and put suspicion on you (regardless of fault)?

Very very glad to be driving a 59 plate mostly now without any bells and whistles especially when driving country lanes where it detects collisions with the road ahead when there’s simply a dip - not good in places like Cornwall.

norb:

i know,but when I looked for it some bugger had nicked it from the cab,can only assume they lost theirs

norb:

i know,but when I looked for it some bugger had nicked it from the cab,can only assume they lost theirs

truckman020:

norb:

double post,bloody computer

Conor:

yeah,noticed that,it came on one day and there was absolutely nothing in front of me[dual carriageway]

No need to take risks trying to override the system, any input like lifting your foot off the accelerator or touching the brakes at the first warning will stop the vehicle automatically braking.
As already said, turning it off could cost dearly if you have an accident if the system could of avoided it.
Think that would be up there with drivers wanting the anti roll over system on newer trailers deactivating because it slows them down a bit sometimes.