DAF XF

Well it would appear i am soon to be moving into an xf now i no there is a 24v connection in the top locker could this be used to power a 24 v 300 watt truck ovan thxs in advance

which model XF?

in the XF95 Superspace cab, there is a 24v plug fitted for the microwave, this is rated at 40 amp (big orange fuse in the top of the fuse box)

from what i have heard, there is wiring there in the XF105 for the microwave, but, it is buried under the base of the locker

yeh its a 105 spanky

Ooo is it the new model? Saw a Conway Bailey one yesterday which looked the bidness. Aren’t they lucky the launch colour is their colour anyway.

Silver_Surfer:
Ooo is it the new model? Saw a Conway Bailey one yesterday which looked the bidness. Aren’t they lucky the launch colour is their colour anyway.

not a new one a 58 reg

shuttlespanker:
from what i have heard, there is wiring there in the XF105 for the microwave, but, it is buried under the base of the locker

That’s right.Remove the four bolts along the top of the lockers and allow it to hinge down (careful not to bend the sunblind guides on the windscreen).You will see the wiring sitting there.What I did was cut off the multiplug,drilled a hole in the lower left hand corner of the locker,passed the wires through and then fitted a 50amp Anderson connector(wires are just long enough to allow this)This was to fit an All-Ride microwave rated 35amps.

Highlander:

shuttlespanker:

That’s right.Remove the four bolts along the top of the lockers and allow it to hinge down (careful not to bend the sunblind guides on the windscreen).You will see the wiring sitting there.What I did was cut off the multiplug,drilled a hole in the lower left hand corner of the locker,passed the wires through and then fitted a 50amp Anderson connector(wires are just long enough to allow this)This was to fit an All-Ride microwave rated 35amps.

so would i be able to use the multy plug for a 300watt ovan

found cable in mine but main fuse is missing,where can i “acquire” one cos daft agents are way to dear. :wink:

gezt:
found cable in mine but main fuse is missing,where can i “acquire” one cos daft agents are way to dear. :wink:

Halfords (other car spares shops are available) :wink:

is it A BIG ORANGE SQUARE ONE :slight_smile:

bjd:
so would i be able to use the multy plug for a 300watt ovan

I would think that would be ok,as it is only drawing 12.5amps.I changed mine to an Anderson connector because the micro was already fitted with one,due to the thickness of the cables on it.The multi-plug only had normal sized spade connectors,iirc.

gezt:
is it A BIG ORANGE SQUARE ONE :slight_smile:

yes, 40 amp rated

halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … yId_255227