Daf XF SSC 460

Since my lorry’s still in our garage, i have to make do with an old FD52 GYB reg scanny, but sat due to GYB going in the garage for a check up from the neck up, i was given one of our new 11plate Daf XF SSC’s for the day.
Now the last Daf i had was an 06 plate 430 with the ZF 16 speed double H. Great lorry, i loved it.
But got to admit i was well impressed with the layout and room and cab, decent ride but, was a bit dissapointed with the auto box, take off from a standing start, seems to be quite a large delay, no hill climb like the scanias and volvos, quite a slow lazymans truck, but overall, think i’d still swap mine for one :confused:

gunnerheskey:
Since my lorry’s still in our garage, i have to make do with an old FD52 GYB reg scanny, but sat due to GYB going in the garage for a check up from the neck up, i was given one of our new 11plate Daf XF SSC’s for the day.
Now the last Daf i had was an 06 plate 430 with the ZF 16 speed double H. Great lorry, i loved it.
But got to admit i was well impressed with the layout and room and cab, decent ride but, was a bit dissapointed with the auto box, take off from a standing start, seems to be quite a large delay, no hill climb like the scanias and volvos, quite a slow lazymans truck, but overall, think i’d still swap mine for one :confused:

What’s this that you’re referring to?

Do you mean the auto-brake bit when setting off on a hill?? If you do, my CF had it, but you had to turn it on everytime you started the engine, it was a push button to the left of the steering wheel near the recirc button.

Lazy mans truck welcome to my world lol :smiley:

gunnerheskey:

I went on a Scania SAFED course and the bloke said the H on the autobox was for Hold(to hold in that gear) nothing to do with hills!

waynedl:

gunnerheskey:

What’s this that you’re referring to?

Do you mean the auto-brake bit when setting off on a hill?? If you do, my CF had it, but you had to turn it on everytime you started the engine, it was a push button to the left of the steering wheel near the recirc button.

Aaaah that probably explains it, was just given the keys and told to get on wiyh it basicly, i asked one of our other drivers who has one and he said there wasn’t anything like that on it.

Fileep:

gunnerheskey:

I went on a Scania SAFED course and the bloke said the H on the autobox was for Hold(to hold in that gear) nothing to do with hills!

On the old 4 series i used to have on Widdowsons, the scania bloke said, the green button behind the auto gear lever was a hill climb button, which revved higher before gear change and held it the gear for longer

why cant you keep it or is it allocated.

Its a square button on the dash to the left of the indicator stalk, it lights up on the instrument panel as hill start aid.

jessicas dad:
why cant you keep it or is it allocated.

Its already allocated, we do 4 on 3 off, and its one of the tues - fri lads, where as i do wed - sat.

Trev_H:
Its a square button on the dash to the left of the indicator stalk, it lights up on the instrument panel as hill start aid.

Cheers for that Trev, if i get the pleasure again, i’ll look out for it… :smiley:

gunnerheskey:

Gunner, I was parked at Whitwood last friday, when I got up at stupid o clock your 52 reg was parked next to me.
(white 4 series) was that you? regards kevmac47.

kevmac47:

gunnerheskey:

Gunner, I was parked at Whitwood last friday, when I got up at stupid o clock your 52 reg was parked next to me.

No mate, i’m refusing to do nights out at the moment, cuz all my kits still in mine and everyone and there dads been driving the 52 reg. Must’ve been one of the weekend wombles… :laughing:

gunnerheskey:

kevmac47:

gunnerheskey:

No mate, i’m refusing to do nights out at the moment, cuz all my kits still in mine and everyone and there dads been driving the 52 reg. Must’ve been one of the weekend wombles… :laughing:

Occasionally i’ll be there on a friday night, who do you drive for kevmac47

DAFs have neve been known for getting anywhere in a hurry :wink:

switchlogic:
DAFs have neve been known for getting anywhere in a hurry :wink:

Dunno that Big Blue one disappeared fast enough :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The old man told me that years ago pre limiters the old 3300/3600s were FAST!.

Those XF Space cabs are gorgeous, really look the business with the roof lights in :sunglasses:

DAFs are just RUBBISH!!!,thats is all you need to know!!!..hope this helps.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Occasionally i’ll be there on a friday night, who do you drive for kevmac47
[/quote]
Hi Gunner, I’m an O/d on containers this i my motor. regards Kev.

Bikemonkey:
DAFs are just SUPERB!!!,thats is all you need to know!!!..hope this helps.

Edited for accuracy :wink: