DAF XF socket qustion

In a 2006 XF95/430 there is a accessory (■■■) lighter to the right of the centre console marked 24v. Plus another, not marked , on the left of the console along with a smaller socket. Are the ones on the left 12 or 24v?

Dont tell me to do something inspirational like use a voltmeter, as I’m at home & the trucks at work !

usually if they are not marked it will be 24v.

What happened to your merc??

take a voltmeter to work and check it :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seriously now, they are usually 24v on both sides

Yeah I had a 2006 XF and both sockets are 24v. I got a dropper hard wired in under the passenger seat.

FarnboroughBoy11:

are you confusing him with tango boy?

shuttlespanker:

FarnboroughBoy11:

are you confusing him with tango boy?

Oh ■■■■ yeah

:laughing: :laughing:

Check them both with a meter before plugging anything in.

From factory I think they are both wired as 24V but I’ve had 3 95s and they’ve all had a different combination of 12/24V.

Cheers
Neilf

If you take the dash out there is a spare 3 pin plastic block connector directly behind the radio, this is 12volt, just run a couple of wires and connect a plug and you have a 12v system, the cig lighter and hella plugs on the lhs and under the seat are both 24v.

if it is the superspace cab, there is also a 12v feed under the shelf in the locker above the drivers seat :wink: