Daf xf on 06 plate 12/24 volt

Can anyone tell what voltage a daf xf on a 06 plates cig lighter socket is as, i bought an inverter but it’s a 12volt 300 watt inverter.
If the dafs 24v will I be able to buy a step down transformer from 24v down to 12v then plug my inverter into this. Don’t want to get stuck on a night out without my laptop.
And also I’m scared Ov dropping to sleep with the laptop on and flattening the battery, how long can I have my laptop plugged in without flattening the battery, was thinking of getting a plug in timer that plugs into a normal plug between the inverter and laptop but want to make sure that it’s not going to do any damage to equipment or the wagon.

socket near the passenger seat is 12v one by driver is 24v

bubsy06:
socket near the passenger seat is 12v one by driver is 24v

Both 24volt on my 06 95,

Better go and have a look gaffa says it’s ok for me to go and swap my stuff over. Maplins is just round the corner so that’s handy.

CHECK, CHECK, CHECK before plugging anything in.

I’ve had a couple of 95’s and they were different. The ■■■ lighter tends to be 24V but it’s not uncommon for the hella to have been converted to 12V even though they are marked 24V on the trim.

By the way my 11 plate 105 has a 12V ■■■ lighter socket.

Cheers
Neilf

Cheers
Neilf

How would I check the voltage.
Don’t want to pop anything behind the dashboard.

get someone with a multi meter to check the voltages BEFORE you plug anything in . It’s the only way you will be sure of what voltage the sockets are running at .

Thanks beefy

Sounds like you have landed on your feet there specdrum good luck hope things contiue to go ok for you

Thanks bjd been quiet today only managed 1 tip as freightliner Leeds roadways and norcon were all closed today due to the wind. Gaffas just phoned me to tell me iv got a Stanley wines @ 13:00 so can have a later start tomorrow. But my reversing is getting better everyday starting to master Parkin up at end Ov shift in our yard.

Had my class 1 just over 2years driving them for about a year full time still leaning but gets better every outing

spectron:
Thanks bjd been quiet today only managed 1 tip as freightliner Leeds roadways and norcon were all closed today due to the wind. Gaffas just phoned me to tell me iv got a Stanley wines @ 13:00 so can have a later start tomorrow. But my reversing is getting better everyday starting to master Parkin up at end Ov shift in our yard.

I know you might be new to the Industry Spectron but it really isn’t a good idea to give such specific detail on the work that you do.

For example, from five minutes of reading your posts I know a Paul Watkins Truck will be tipping a (possibly NORCON box) at Stanley Wines in Co Durham at 13h today. It’s not the kind of thing I would be happy for other people to know.

It sounds like you are enjoying yourself so it would be a shame to spoil it by handing your keys over to the nice man with the baseball bat.

Please don’t let me put you off posting on TNUK just try not to give too much away in the future.

W

Thanks for the tip Alex, I can see your a bit paranoid mate, maybe you should leave the whizz alone and goto bed on a night instead Ov sitting watching the washer go round chewing your lips.
Thanks for the tip point taken.

spectron:
Thanks for the tip Alex, I can see your a bit paranoid mate, maybe you should leave the whizz alone and goto bed on a night instead Ov sitting watching the washer go round chewing your lips.

The main thing is that you get my point. I’m not paranoid just a lot thinner and a lot wiser than when I started out eighteen years ago.

W

AlexWignall:

spectron:

The main thing is that you get my point. I’m not paranoid just a lot thinner and a lot wiser than when I started out eighteen years ago.

W

Only having a joke with you Alex I know what you mean matey thanks never thought about it like.
Suppose you never think it will happen to you until it’s too late.

spectron:

AlexWignall:

spectron:

W

Only having a joke with you Alex I know what you mean matey thanks never thought about it like.
Suppose you never think it will happen to you until it’s too late.

Thats ok,

Now back to your invertor, Why don’t you ask your boss to fit the one you have bought. Or even next time ask the boss or the garage to buy one for you?

They might just charge you cost or even do it for free. I’m sure he’ll be pleased you want to do a proper job and care about your truck.

(sorry about the late edit, maybe I should stick to watching the washing machine?)

W

Problem solved iv bought a 24v & 12v inverter think I’m going to take the 12v back. All need now is a tv looked in morrisons on Sunday 19" tv with freeview and DVD built in £90 but they didn’t have any in stock. It runs on 12v has the little round 4 pin plug you can get adapters from eBay for about £12.50

Called in truckstop on m18 yesterday looking at fridge things saw 1 for £125 a 24 litre waeco was wondering if there anygood.
what do other truckers use that don’t have a fridge built in.

Most fridges are ok for UK use as the weather does not get too hot here. 24 volt is better as they dont hammer the batteries as much. You may find with 12 volt fridges that the plug can melt as they do get hot.

The 1 I was looking at was multiple voltage 12/24/240 volts
Do you leave them plugged in all the time I’d be scared of flattening the batteries with having tv or laptop on at the same time.

Why dont you get a digi TV stick that you can plug into your laptop, saves having an extra bit of kit to lug around, WinTV do various sorts an cheaper than buying a telly.