Daf Xf night heater

Having a problem with the night heater in the unit I’m in this week, and with the weather so far it’s not to good. It only seems to be staying on for 15 mins then going off and not coming back on, I’ve read the manual and checked how to change the operating time which I’ve put for 120 mins just to test and it’s still only staying on for 15 mins, any ideas as I don’t fancy another cold sleepless night like last night !

Leave igniton on 1 click.

Check that the air intake on the night heater isnt blocked up with dust etc, Causes heater to over heat and cut out.

Have you set the temperature to max - it’s on the back wall above the bunk?

If it’s not on max, it will cut out when temp reaches it’s approx setting and they’re not so quick at kicking back in.

Other than that, as cj47 suggested, check the blower hole behind drivers seat and air intake for old socks etc

Happy days cheers fellas, loads of dust balls clogged in the intake vent seems to of done the trick now I can sleep in warmth!!

Kevwall:
Happy days cheers fellas, loads of dust balls clogged in the intake vent seems to of done the trick now I can sleep in warmth!!

my mate used too sleep with the night heater on all night till he woke 1 night too a cab full of smoke and a drivers seat on fire

scotstrucker:

Kevwall:

my mate used too sleep with the night heater on all night till he woke 1 night too a cab full of smoke and a drivers seat on fire

It doesn’t surprise me mate some nights when I’ve had it on in the past, put my feet on the floor and the plastics are red hot, that’s how I learnt my lesson, but 15 mins for the whole night isn’t enough haha