Daf Xf interior light annoyance

So, I shut the curtains, snuggle down into the duvet and press the O button on the interior light switch on the rear bulkhead. All the interior lights go off and the control panel on the lower dash for the night heater dims right down. 30 secs later the night heater control panel comes back up to full brightness and its like the sun is shining. Any way to turn it off completely for the night or am I destined to hang a hand towel over it forever?

I swear DAF got the French to design their truck electrics.

It’s like the Alfa Arna from the early 90s. Alfa Romeo and NIssan partnered up to make a car. Instead of getting a car with Italian design and Japanese reliability we instead ended up with a Nissan Cherry that broke down a lot and rusted quickly.

I actually really like it, find it very comfortable to drive and also to sleep in but there are a few properly annoying bits about it. One would imagine that if I turn the interior lights completely off that I want darkness for the next 8 hours. Apparently Daf think different. I even have a strip of black insulation tape over the night heater display on the back bulkhead as that is the brightest thing in the universe too.

Take it to DAF for a software update. I had a similar problem the light kept coming
on then going off all night. Software update made it better.

Cheers fingermissing I’ll get them to plug it in on the next 6 weekly. Was hoping it was a button or combination of buttons I could press :unamused:

Conor:
I swear DAF got the French to design their truck electrics.

Don’t get me started on French design [emoji19]
I started a new job a few months ago and was given a Renault T to use.
Apart from the clever top bunk everything else is idiotic.
Upside down mirrors like a scania,
Window switch placement,
No decent draws,
Uncomfortable seats,
Air sprung passenger seat,
Inadequate steering wheel adjustment,
Etc etc, I could go on but by far the most idiotically designed thing is the radio without a dedicated display! [emoji35]
It’s so frustrating to use I’ve given up and just listen to my Apple Music or podcasts.
The trucks so bad in fact I’m hopefully being moved to an XF that’s 4 years older because the boss Is sick of hearing me moan about it [emoji23]

nomiS36:
[.
]

What are they? Blindspot mirror higher than regular rearview mirror?

What’s wrong with a decent passenger seat?

stu675:

nomiS36:
[.
]

What are they? Blindspot mirror higher than regular rearview mirror?

What’s wrong with a decent passenger seat?

Yeah, blind spot mirror just feels wrong on top, always has done to me.

What’s the point of an air passenger seat when most of us hardly ever carry a passenger. It should be an option for the very few places that do double man their trucks. I just find it annoying when parked up using it. Or fit a lock off lever■■?
It just seems Renault have been deliberately contrary just for the sakes of it.