DAF XF 95 -EBS ticking

Wondered if you could help? My wagon has been parked up over the weekend. Came out to it this morning and the EBS box is constantly ticking and when it stops ticking the valves blow off at the back of the cab. This is when the keys aren’t in the wagon and the ignition is off. The red warning light on the dash is on. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

Thanks
Steven

do you mean the ecu or a relay …■■? are you saying with no key in the ignition you have the clicking noise ■■? is there a warning on the dash ■■? are the abs valve blowing off ■■ just looking for more info to assist

It’s definitely not the suspension?

Hi i think its the EBS box just infont of the 5th wheel on chassis is clicking while the is no key in the truck, and the valve blowing off is back of cab just above the cab jack, does feel like air pressure is coming on and off to front brake chambers while the clicking is going on ? ive got the red EBS light on now on the dash but that does go on and off or changes to amber this is with out the truck moving a wheel.
I have lent a lap top and plugged it in had few codes up, only 2 I can’t erase are > 3341 brake switch remains closed in foot brake valve (f628)

6416 D978 fault solenoid valves rear modulator
I have stopped the clinking for time being I unplugged 1 of the plugs to the foot brake valve

so the rear brake modulator is constantly ticking ,best bet is to get code read ,tough it may just be the wiring shorting…You could make up a quick loom run it from he bulkhead and in to the valve and see if it rectifys it and puts the warning out ,otherwise it may be the modulator

I let you know how I get on cheers for that gives me a starting point

:smiley: finally got it cured, turned out we had water leaking in the cab ,there is a bunch of plugs above the foot brake which have been getting wet- cleaned all the plugs up , drove it down road, all faults cleared -happy days! Now to sort out the water leak. :smiley:

That’s a good result, it could easily have been hours cutting into yards of the loom outer ■■■■■■ looking for breaks, corrosion or rub through.