Daf XF 12volt power supply?

I have an 06 XF DAF,i was told the smaller 24volt socket on the passenger side of dash is a 12 volt though its marked 24volt,anyone know anything about this?

I guess i should get the voltage output tested and then be sure.

get it tested

every DAF XF95 i have had has been 24v as standard, although, some drivers have had them converted to 12v

The current XF’s are 24v passenger side (small socket) and 12v drivers side (standard socket).

waddy640:
The current XF’s are 24v passenger side (small socket) and 12v drivers side (standard socket).

My 57 plate XF is 24v Drivers side and 12v small socket passenger side. and that’s labeled up from DAF when i got the motor new. :confused:

Test it with one of these:

multimeter.jpg

Simples.

DannyDoncaster:

waddy640:

My 57 plate XF is 24v Drivers side and 12v small socket passenger side. and that’s labeled up from DAF when i got the motor new. :confused:

A good reason for checking voltage before plugging anything in.

Thanks guys,im going to get it tested hopefully tomorrow as i will have a bit of time near the garage,im sure one of them is 12 ans the other 24,i dont want to blow anything up,will let you know.

BIGRIG1:
Thanks guys,im going to get it tested hopefully tomorrow as i will have a bit of time near the garage,im sure one of them is 12 ans the other 24,i dont want to blow anything up,will let you know.

Then mark them accordingly.

Ken.