DAF xf 106

Now driving a new DAF 106 xf,dont know if any others get this problem but it seems that DAF still cannot sort the ABS problem,still comes up on the dash with ABS/EBS trailer not connected,the ABS lead is new but still comes up as i stated,i have been driving DAFS on and off since the nineties and they have allways had the same problem,other drivers i spoke to over the years say they have had the same,seems its something DAF can’t sort out even with all the technology

I have a euro6 too.Not had that problem with mine though…Could try another lead…You never know if that is a faulty one.Even with it being new

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It seems to be common with daf, we have 3 euro 6 and 2 of them constantly say abs failure, and also stability control failure, the 3rd one (mine) is yet to come up with any faults

Also, the 2 I mentioned above both have been to mechanic numerous times to find that all is okay

I have had the abs warning on every daf I have had and a couple of volvos.

Low coolant warning seems to be the DAF default setting!

And break lining wear too!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the replies,i’ll give it a couple more days next week then see the fitter if it carries on ,so annoying though

truckman020:
Now driving a new DAF 106 xf,dont know if any others get this problem but it seems that DAF still cannot sort the ABS problem,still comes up on the dash with ABS/EBS trailer not connected,the ABS lead is new but still comes up as i stated,i have been driving DAFS on and off since the nineties and they have allways had the same problem,other drivers i spoke to over the years say they have had the same,seems its something DAF can’t sort out even with all the technology

I was driving a Scania R450 Euro 6 artic last week and the trailer always seemed to have ABS warnings (and they’d come up as soon as you went above 20mph and stayed). Was a 44-tonner that carried sheet metal and coils. Didn’t notice any braking difficulties though, so maybe it was just the sensors playing up. The trailer was the newest on the fleet, I was told.

its a daf problem…vosa say that if its an orange light you can drive it…obviously not on a red light…hope that helps.